FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Norton 360

Tony The Tiger
I got my mother using Norton 360. I had been using Norton Save & Restore. I like to create a file with the name YYYYMMDD so that I can keep track of my backups. Then I save to the newly named folder. In Norton 360 it seems that you can only name the drive that you save your backup file to. Norton assigns the backup to a folder. I am sure I would get confused on which backup files are which if I did not have them all in labelled folders. I want to get my mom in the right habit. Is there a way to instruct Norton 360 to save to a specific folder within a given drive?
PseudoKnight
I know this isn't what you're looking for, but for the love of god, don't use Norton. I might have an answer for you if the software wasn't a piece of crap, but due to the problems it creates I end up uninstalling it on client machines whenever I encounter it. Look for a quality alternative.
anotheraddict
i have to agree with the above post, Norton 360, and otherwise are huge resource hogs, turning any machine into a slow, buggy mess.

There are many free alternatives, i.e. AVG or Avast for the antivirus and either windows built in firewall or something akin to ZoneAlarm.

It may sound crazy but, using these totally free tools instead of bloated software like Norton can seriously increase the performance of your machine.
silverdown
I use Freeav (by avira) I have never has a issue from them, been using it for about 4-5 years. Best off all there personal version is FREE, and that is what i use
Tony The Tiger
We are going to stick with Norton 360. I am just going to have her rename the folder to a folder named by date of the backup after performing the backup. Unless she does this she will just get incremental backups.
andy26
i personaly hate norton it messed up my laptop causing it to blue screen often, my girlfriend now has it on her computer and hell does it make it all lag it certainly isnt a gaming friend, i als hate how many places you have to look just to disable certain stuff, i think im going to be an avg free user and zone alarm free edition for like user, i think the best things in life are usualy those that are free.
Tony The Tiger
andy26 wrote:
i personaly hate norton it messed up my laptop causing it to blue screen often, my girlfriend now has it on her computer and hell does it make it all lag it certainly isnt a gaming friend, i als hate how many places you have to look just to disable certain stuff, i think im going to be an avg free user and zone alarm free edition for like user, i think the best things in life are usualy those that are free.

You mention the term blue screen. What does that mean? I assume it is something bad. Is it like blue balls:-? Is your computer having problems hooking up?