FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

So you want to be a US President?

gr8inferno
Do you have what it takes to run for President?

What would you change?

What are you willing to sacrifice?

What do you believe in? ..General issues?
Keran
I bet everyone will say stuff like: I'm gonna improve the economy, give people a better living, stop wars, stop corruption, be more open, make peace with every country, stop the bloodshed for oil etc. etc...

But before You do, think about consequences and the actual process of doing this. It might not be so simple and the disadvantages might overcome the advantages of such moves.
F.e to to improve economy You would need more money and that money would be either taken from the politician payouts (like they would ever agree, if they would, that could increase the corruption so they could get as much money as before), some other social group or by raising taxes (that would lead to the problem with "Give people a better living"). OR from the oil bussiness, but if You stop the war for oil, this source of income would drop.

That's really an overall look into this, I bet there are more factors that need to be considered with every decision, thus I think that I would not be a good US president - too much responsibility, making decisions that sometimes people won't get, watching every step, too much work and problems sometimes impossible to resolve...
Afaceinthematrix
Wow... if I was a U.S. president I would get assassinated within 6 months. I would say what's on my mind, not all that garbage that most presidents say (like, "I'm going to give you more yet somehow lower taxes"). I'm way too extreme with my ideas. I'm not afraid to say what's on my mind. Most Americans are ignorant, fat, wimpy, and idiotic. I would say that in my speeches and take on Steeve-O's mission of "De-Wussifying" America.

Let's just say that I wouldn't last long...
gr8inferno
Mr Bush once said that you cannot run the country by going to the poll.
Running a Democratic country is harder, and yea I will probaly run the country base on my beliefs.
yea I'll get assisinated pretty quick.
liljp617
gr8inferno wrote:
Mr Bush once said that you cannot run the country by going to the poll.
Running a Democratic country is harder, and yea I will probaly run the country base on my beliefs.
yea I'll get assisinated pretty quick.

Mr Bush also said there are WMDs in Iraq and Hussein was involved in 9/11. But that's beside the point.

Personally, being President sounds nice and all for the power but the fact that there are 300 million people (and more worldwide) staring at you constantly is not something I want. So I would have to turn the offer down Smile
mathiaus
No. I'm not American so couldn't run. Otherwise I feel I do Razz

What would you change?
A hell of a lot. The constitution if I could though again I don't think that's allowed Rolling Eyes
A national health service for the USA would be cool (IMO).

My privacy I guess, my health (stressful job) etc.

Right and Wrong. Fair treatment of as many as possible etc.
skygaia
I don't want to be a president in th us.. and I can't do that because I'm not an american.. Shocked
now the US is the most powerful country in the world. and the us president is the most powerful man also. many people want to get more power but you know, the power come to us with responsibility. it means.... the us president is the most powerful man but he has to have the biggest responsibility.. I don't like it.. Very Happy
PatTheGreat42
I think I would abuse my power and have far too much fun making people nervous is my presence.

Then I would go to the Renassiance festival.

I do love the Renassiance festival.

It's so very fun.
sefilim
I don't want to be a U.S. president ,because this job needs to be have so responsibility for me.But I want to be president of any other country.Such as Papua New Guinea Smile no more responsibility ,no more hardly working until mornings.
HamsterMan
If I was president and get everything just as I wanted, I'd take away tax money from things like, a bloated military, and expensive entertainment and other non-essential stuff and give them to schools and hospitals.
liljp617
HamsterMan wrote:
If I was president and get everything just as I wanted, I'd take away tax money from things like, a bloated military, and expensive entertainment and other non-essential stuff and give them to schools and hospitals.

lol you can't take money away from our military. It's already incredibly depleted at the moment. If anything they need more money so our humvees actually have helpful armor on them and we have body armor for our soldiers...and right now that's hardly the case.
gr8inferno
liljp617 wrote:
Mr Bush also said there are WMDs in Iraq and Hussein was involved in 9/11. But that's beside the point.
yea not the topic. Although intel informed the US Congress and Senate before Bush and they voted it. People think WMD= Nuclear Weaponry not Large arsenal filled with mustard gas which they have found all over central Iraq. Alqaida's largest nest was in Iraq and Afghanistan, thus taking out Taliban and Baath Party to root out Al Qaida. From Militarty strategic point it all make sense.
Beside the point if I'm the president of USA I woul've done the same.

"I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."
Alexander the Great
raine dragon
Nope, I like to tell people the truth.

What would you change?
Where money is spent. None of this silly paying people outrageous salaries. Appropriate wages, and more money to education. Oh! and healthcare for all citizens.

time.

Free Healthcare
Gay marriage
Pro-Choice (but more "pro-don't-be-stupid", aka, use birth control, don't just not use protection and then try to use abortion as birth control, that's not healthy for anyone >.<;; )
ankitdatashn
First of all I am an Indian so its a bit difficult to be US president, but still if given a chance I would take on the hot seat.

The first thing I would do is to sign agreements with all the nations across the globe that US will not behave a like big pa or an instructor anymore, the agreement will be that US will not interfere in other nation's work.

Then I will order all my soldiors to take out all nuclear matter out of the missiles and mix it up in the nuclear reactors instead!! Wink

Then........will enjoy the weakends on air force 1, would call all my friends to party up there!! Cool

All I could sacrifice for the US president post will be my dedication, vaise I still love my India a lott, only if there was less politics here!!!
ocalhoun
I think I do, but campaigning could be difficult if the media got involved in my personal life. I would answer all such questions as "That's a personal question, and I don't answer personal questions." Too much focusing on candidates personal lives is not good. Just because somebody has a flawless moral record does not mean they are a qualified leader.

What would you change?
Many things. First of all, all campaign contributions must be anonymous. This will free Washington from the bribery that now controls it under the name of campaign contributions. Personally, while campaigning I would not accept any donations from corporations.

The FDA needs to be revitalized, better funded, and given authority to permanently ban any drug that proves dangerous. The funding for the FDA will be supplied by charging drug companies fees to test new drugs. (Yes, the FDA itself will do the testing, not private, biased firms.)

I would take a chainsaw to government spending and taxes: Social security, welfare, and medicare would all be permanently abolished. Instead, your income tax forms will give you a wide array of private charities (religious and non-religious) to donate to what you would have paid in taxes. (Private charities are more efficient and more effective. Only charities that actually help people will be included. Museums, for example, would not be eligible.)

As many public services as possible would be privatized.

I would pull most of the military back to the homeland, to accomplish it's true goal of homeland defense. This would be done carefully so as to never endanger troops. Some worldwide bases would be retained, in order to keep supremacy, but America's role as world police would end.

Educational reform: Give all schools a special hour of the day where advanced students study on their own, and troubled students get individual attention. All teachers would attend special seminars to teach them how to help failing students with this attention.

Immigration: All the borders would be opened to anyone who does not endanger the society (like terrorists, drug dealers, and convicts) Every person who crosses will be properly documented and can easily become a citizen if they want to. People already in the country illegally can gain amnesty by teaching classes on the English language and American society to new immigrants. (This will also help keep manufacturing jobs from moving overseas)

Marijuana would be legalized. This should reduce crime by 50% in some areas, and reduce gang activity, allowing police to focus on more important crimes. It would also vastly reduce prison overcrowding. There would, of course, be a minimum age for purchase. There never has been a case of somebody overdosing on marijuana.

I would take actions to reduce the trade deficit. (Partly aided by free immigration)

I would use double agents to infiltrate Iraqi resistance, Al Qaeda, and other terrorist organizations. (Natives trained by the CIA)

I would make abortion easy and legal for the first trimester, difficult in the second (fines and sterilization), and illegal in the third trimester (except in cases of medical necessity.) If you can't decide if you want an abortion by the end of three months, you should err on the side of life.

Nothing, except my time and some cash.

Mostly stated in what I would do. If something is worth believing in, it is worth doing.
cafein
No i wouldn't its complicated not easy i guess..You need to decide to kill any time its not easy!!!1
heartbeat
HEHEHE I WOULD SEPARATE THE USA IN TO DIFFEENTE SOVEREING STATES! divide to conquer Wink
gr8inferno
heartbeat wrote:
HEHEHE I WOULD SEPARATE THE USA IN TO DIFFEENTE SOVEREING STATES! divide to conquer Wink

you mean like EU?
kennethi
Not really
kewiin
Haha im to lacey to be President Very Happy
But some thing wold be fun like "Area51" stuff.
And conspiracy and that kind of stuff
Afaceinthematrix
One thing that I was thinking about today, that really needs to be changes in the United States, is the lack of standardization with the rest of the world. We really need to convert to the metric system. We also need to change our date format. Most countries either use dd/mm/yyyy or yyyy/mm/dd. We use mm/dd/yyyyy, however. So if someone writes 10/12/2008 I don't know if they're talking about October 12, 2008 or December 10, 2008. It's really annoying. So if I was the US president I'd try and get the United States standardized.
tony
haha; that is soooooooo much responsibility yo!

wow, i dont know if i would like that much responsibility because i know if i were to make a mistake, everyone would hate me so much. but also, if i did what is right, maybe so many people would still hate me!

whoa; so much pressure!
0bobby0
If I would be the president...Because i care of the environment i'll SIGN THE KYOTO PROTOCOL. This is the first thing i will do...Then Maybe i'll stop buying 4x4 cars and all poluting-for-nothing-cars (lol what a word...)And then I will ban all dat dast foods as triple big mac or things like that. And then with all the money i will have i will make new roads, new Ecological houses and many other things so my country will be happy. Then I will invest some money in my hiuse, cars and family...
standready
ocalhoun wrote:
[I would use double agents to infiltrate Iraqi resistance, Al Qaeda, and other terrorist organizations. (Natives trained by the CIA)

I agree. We had human intell until the CIA decided they could do it better with technology. CIA=Central Idiot Agency.

NO! If I did become president, I would surely be assinated for my extremes.

What would you change?
Change is the "buzz" word this year. They promise everything but will deliver nothing.
I would do my best to change would be healthcare and social security. The only way those items will ever get fixed is if we put congress back into the system by taking away the benefits package they gave themselves. Right now, they have no reason to fix it.
I would crackdown very hard on illegal immigration and welcome those who come here the legal way.
I would stop all of the government hand outs and instead create hand ups i.e. you have to do something for it. Multiple generations of a family living off the government fat will stop!
I would stop the meldling in other countries affairs unless asked too.
Farm subsidies would be revamped so that assistance only went to those who deserve it.
Told you I would be assinated (probably before I even took office) and I only scratched the surface of needed change!

Anything, including my life, if I could make this country better.

I think I covered some above and good, honest work.