FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

windows vista service pack 1

cvkien
i had tried this service pack but seems like nothing welcome but it take a lot of spaces. until now, it seems like nothing different without service pack. after install service pack, a watermark will come out at the bottom right of your screen saying evaluation copy. this mean this version will going to expired at October 2008. after uninstall it, the watermark will still be there at the first boot and will gone during the second boot.

anyway, there is something different with the networking. after install service pack, the internet explorer seems load faster. that all. but after uninstall, the network device started having some problem. such as it can't receive or send. and this will need to disable and then enable the network device again. and the line will stop after few hours and need to be restarted.
cvkien
ok, this is my review for installing windows vista sp1 and after uninstall it. so, i had some problem occur to my computer this morning. my hard disk cannot boot, or i can say cannot detect my hard disk.

and even using windows vista dvd to recover it, it still can't find the hard disk. and finally i shutdown it and wait for few second, then i reboot and this time i success boot into my hard disk but cannot boot into my windows vista. so i reboot to my windows xp and then run scandisk. here, i found some files error (index $730 file 114542) and also some system files missing. and then i run fix error and now, my windows vista is back to life again. so, i'm not sure what happened to it but it is true that, do not install a beta service pack to your computer cause it might had a lot of bug in it and may cause computer failure.
ssthanapati
cvkien wrote:
ok, this is my review for installing windows vista sp1 and after uninstall it. so, i had some problem occur to my computer this morning. my hard disk cannot boot, or i can say cannot detect my hard disk.

and even using windows vista dvd to recover it, it still can't find the hard disk. and finally i shutdown it and wait for few second, then i reboot and this time i success boot into my hard disk but cannot boot into my windows vista. so i reboot to my windows xp and then run scandisk. here, i found some files error (index $730 file 114542) and also some system files missing. and then i run fix error and now, my windows vista is back to life again. so, i'm not sure what happened to it but it is true that, do not install a beta service pack to your computer cause it might had a lot of bug in it and may cause computer failure.

Well this was one of the reasons y i am still waiting for the official release of Vista SP1
ssthanapati
BTW thanks for warning us about SP1.
ciureanuc
Sorry for being ignorant... there is ALREADY a "service pack" for Windows Vista? So soon? Wow!
geschichteonline
hello
I'm also waiting for the official release of SP1-Vista, cause the Betas are not a ready version of this.
cvkien
well, vista sp1 is already out and currently i'm using it. so far, it works fine, fast and there are big differences between beta and the current RTM version. but it cannot integrate using vlite and it cannot install on a vlite version vista. meaning it just can install in a original copy of vista. and for vista x32, it'll need 1gb more on your hard disk and i did not notice the exact size for x64, but if not mistaken it need around 2gb. By the way, i'm still testing on it if it is really reliable for use, i'm a it technician, so need to confirm it is 100% reliable for users. and so far, it run fast. especially on shutdown time is faster than 6.0.6000 version.

and the current version of vista sp1 RTM is 6.0.6001.18000
czc587
Yup, same here Vista SP1 has many fixes ( over a thousand ) and in installs easily. It does take a while to install but it does so unattended. I installed it yesterday and can already feel differences. System is much more stable and I'm having much few enexpected things occur. It can be downloaded from MS but be aware it's over 450 mb. It'll soon be pushed out by ms update.
Kelcey
Is anyone noticing speedups?
jackill
Hmm it's actually one thread about it: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-81385.html
ssthanapati
Well no 1 seems to point out that there was any speed ups. only that its a bit more stable than before. But even without sp1 i never had any crashes
ss797
after installing SP1 for Vista, i've got problems with my nvidia, by playing counterstrike, after uninstall there are away, the only good thing on SP1 for Vista is that it make the scability magnement of the resouces better !!!
cvkien
ok, after installing vista sp1 for around 1 month, the system seems have some problem with my tablet driver. there was a memory problem with that. so far i didn't notice any changes with the speed during processing. but as i mention in my previous post, the shutdown speed was fast. and the others i think remain the same. and of cause, it is more stable, did not suddenly reboot or hang like the older version of vista.

for the speedup, i will not expect vista will run faster with UAC enable with aero style and sidebar launch but i rather upgrade my ram and my graphic card for faster speed.
andersonshatch
I reformatted my PC before installing SP1 so I can't really say whether it made any speed difference; I know the reformat cleared out a lot of stuff so it feels faster.

Haven't noticed any new features (not that I was expecting any). I don't see how removing the search button from the start menu makes any difference, you can still get to it by pressing winkey+s
csoftdev
i didn't update mine with sp1 but it runs fine and it is not listed as one of the compulsory requirements so i will not apply teh patch until it is really necessary.
why try to fix something that doesn't cause you any problem.