FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

stolen phone

Srs2388
what can i do if someone steals my phone?
i had a motorola Q smart phone.
i don't even know what to do i went to alltel's website and it doesn't have anything i found one thing and it was to call some number from the phone.... how stupid is that
what should i do?
badai
call your phone company to block the account so whoever stole your phone cannot make any call.

if your phone company support it, they can also block the phone using it IMEI number, provided you knew it.

good luck.
doppleganger
u can call the company and ask them to block the phone so no one can use it to make or receive calls and if the company supports it and u provide them with the IMEI number they can block the phone so that no one can ever be able to use it
akshar
its not as simple as that buddy. If i get your phone a for a seconf note its IMEI number and return your phone back to you. Then I call the mobile company to block that phone, do u think they will block it?
If yes by now most of the people wud have got their phones blocked for no reason.
aningbo
its not simple as that. even those samsung mobile tracker is not much of help because a SIM card with zero balance can be inserted and used!! crack it using computer again later. no big deal but good luck with your search for the phone.
Srs2388
thanks... i went to the company's place... bought another
thankfully the insurance covered that. i still had to pay one hundred dollars. not exactly sure why though.
sucks trying get all my numbers back in it. they said now if someone tries to activate it they will call the police.