FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Poll for the interest in learning History...

Do you like learning History?
Yes, of course, I like it much.
87%
 87%  [ 7 ]
Just normal, i learn for mark.
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
I hate it.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

nepheus
In my opinion, I don't like to learn History much. It's really hard to remember all events on my country and around the world. I learn it just for my marks. I often get high marks in history but in fact, i can't remember anything after the test, except for some important events. In my country, learning history is indeed precarious.Tell me your opinion. THanks.
{name here}
nepheus wrote:
In my opinion, I don't like to learn History much. It's really hard to remember all events on my country and around the world. I learn it just for my marks. I often get high marks in history but in fact, i can't remember anything after the test, except for some important events. In my country, learning history is indeed precarious.Tell me your opinion. THanks.

Learning history may be extremely dull and boring, or extremely interesting to you. No matter what, learning history is just as important as learning math and english if you are in certain positions, such as a lawyer, or politician. If you don't learn your history, you end up like Bill O'Reilly.
PennyLane
I always liked history, because you get to know all the events, and it learns you to understand why things happen this or that way now. Mostly it's because they decided it like 100 years ago.
We also learned a lot about politics, and that's one of the reasons I'm still interested in politics.
ExecuKev
definitely one of the more rewarding subjects to study but lacks the every-day practical applications such as a scientific course of study.

Having said that, i studied it at University and would love to be able to be solvent enough to quit my job and complete a masters/Phd in some sort of historical field.
MaxStirner
George Santayana wrote:
Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

.. and said it best.

{name here} wrote:
...you end up like Bill O'Reilly

I needed to google Mr. O'Reilly but if the online descriptions are correct, there are quite a few O'Reillys world-wide. Those are exaclty the talk-shows / interviews which I detest but which seem to have gained such popularity Crying or Very sad .

http://www.infoplease.com/dayinhistory wrote:

This Day in History

John Marshall was appointed Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court
As a result of the First Opium War, Hong Kong was ceded to the British.
The Nazis formulated their "Final Solution" regarding the Jews at the Wannsee Conference.
The Beatles released their first album in the United States, Meet the Beatles.
President Reagan became the oldest president to take office (69 years and 349 days).
52 American hostages seized from the American Embassy in Tehran were released after 444 days in captivity.
Martin Luther King, Jr., day was celebrated as a federal holiday for the first time.

(boldface added)

http://www.infoplease.com/dayinhistory