FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Points and $

icecool
i'm getting very confused here as a relatively new member.

i joined on dec. 15 2007 - 15 days ago.
i really enjoy the diversity of the forums and have made good use of them - well, i have got things to say and quite strong opinions on some issues. so far i have posted 49 comments.

this has "earned" me 164.98 FRIH$ - but only 55.74 points as of this moment. i know that points and $ are allocated equally, yet i have around 109 less points than $

i have been granted a free hosting account on dec. 23 - 7 days ago.

i am aware that my account has "cost" me some points and that every day 1 point will be taken for hosting - i think that's a very fair deal.

who can explain to me where my "missing" points are gone?

cheers Confused
wietn
The points reset every day to 45 points.
You can have more than 45 points a day, but the server will reset this to 45.
icecool
wietn wrote:

do you know if there is a reason? i read a confusing statement about a maximum of 45 points in the TOS or FAQ's but it just went over me wwwoooossshhhhh Surprised
rvec
moved to frihost support

As wietn said 45 is the maximum. That way we can see if users are still active. If the maximum was 100 it would be a lot harder to see if someone is still active. Users with 20 points now are active, but if you have 20 points and the maximum is 100 you could've been away for 80 days or just never got that high and be a bit active the whole time.
icecool
rvec wrote:
moved to frihost support

As wietn said 45 is the maximum. That way we can see if users are still active. If the maximum was 100 it would be a lot harder to see if someone is still active. Users with 20 points now are active, but if you have 20 points and the maximum is 100 you could've been away for 80 days or just never got that high and be a bit active the whole time.

i can see the sense in that - you want a vibrant forum. as i said, i think your free hosting deal is excellent and this mechanism ensures that members are coming back - good idea.

i just got confused because i have seen members with alot of points on various occasions - just as an example:
677.70 Points
34.00 FRIH$
rvec
yes if you are not hosted your points will not be reset and no points will be deducted every day. So users with over 45 points for more than 24 hours most likely don't have hosting .
icecool
rvec wrote:
yes if you are not hosted your points will not be reset and no points will be deducted every day. So users with over 45 points for more than 24 hours most likely don't have hosting .

thanks Smile

dooooohhh Embarassed
could have worked that one out myself
nivre
wietn wrote:

if this is the case, if a user can't login within a day, it will become 44 in another day...43, on the second day, 42 and so on...after loginng in, will it become again 45 or the remaining points?
rvec
no it will only be reset to 45 if you have more than 45 points. If you have less one point will be detracted every day. You may log-in or log-out as much as you want to but that won't change anything about your points.
tidruG
nivre wrote:
wietn wrote:

if this is the case, if a user can't login within a day, it will become 44 in another day...43, on the second day, 42 and so on...after loginng in, will it become again 45 or the remaining points?

Basically, there is only ONE way of increasing your points :

POST. Smile

There are 2 ways of losing points:
1. If your points are more than 45 at the end of the day, they become 45
2. If your points are 45 or less, they are deducted @ 1 point per day
nivre
So this concludes that 45 points will be for each frihoster each day, it will be deducted if not greater that 45 on that day, it will be resetted to 45 if the points earned is greater than 45...thanks to all
misterXY
i just discovered this shock. lol i was like i just has like 114pts..where the earth did it go?Razz need to go back to school Rolling Eyes