FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

windows reduced functionality mode

sunpascal
i'm expecting trouble with vista activation procedure.
i have an oem bundled vista ultimate dvd that shouldn|t require activation. it was running fine without problems, i even have to enter a product key after installation of vista, there was no count down for activation. It has been running for months without problems.
Since yesterday however i get error messages saying i m not using genuine windows. i guess this happened after the last update. Automatic updates was apparently turned on.

problem is that i m now thrown into windows reduced functionality mode.

anyone else experiencing the same problem?
Animal
It seems that all is not lost - Microsoft is removing the Reduced Functionality Mode from Vista with Service Pack 1 (source). However, if you have a genuine copy of Vista then you should contact Microsoft and explain about your problem. I'm sure I read that this happened to a number of other people so it must be able to be fixed. However, it is definately best to do so through Microsoft and not attempting to patch the problem yourself as this is likely to make your Genuine copy of Vista illegal.

Hope this is some help to you.
misterXY
Animal wrote:
It seems that all is not lost - Microsoft is removing the Reduced Functionality Mode from Vista with Service Pack 1 (source). However, if you have a genuine copy of Vista then you should contact Microsoft and explain about your problem. I'm sure I read that this happened to a number of other people so it must be able to be fixed. However, it is definately best to do so through Microsoft and not attempting to patch the problem yourself as this is likely to make your Genuine copy of Vista illegal.

Hope this is some help to you.

ye and becareful if they try to sell you more crap