FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I am trying to purchase a PSP any advice

fizzo
What are the type of PSP (Playstation Portable) that will be good..
I saw the PSP Slim and advice?
misterXY
fizzo wrote:
What are the type of PSP (Playstation Portable) that will be good..
I saw the PSP Slim and advice?

shouldn't this be under a gaming thread?
nhatoday
I got a psp slim 2000 for my son, brand new for $100 on craigslist.
You can mod the psp, so it can play the download games
Smiddie
The newest PSP model is the PSP-3000. It has a microphone and an improved screen. But it is no hackeble so you cannot play Homebrew. There is also a PSP-2000. You can hack it an play Homebrew. but the newest model PSP-2000 have a new motherboard. This one is not hackeble. There is also the PSP-1000, but this one is Fat and Heavy. But always hackeble
r4inm4ker
recently I bought a new PSP-3000, and pretty satisfied with it. The display color and resolution are good. But since you "still" can't play any download game on it, you need to buy UMD disc, and the loading time is very slow. Also there's some scratch noise while playing and it quite annoys me (although the degree of noise may vary on every PSP).
love_her_freida_pinto
PSP's are a very handy device. Personally i don't find a huge differerence between the various generations "wow look its a bit slimmer and the screen brightness can go higher." As mentioned by others the PSP3000's system firmware cannot yet be downgraded so Custom firmware cannot be flashed onto it as past methods have failed to work due to the new Hardware but there will be a breakthrough it just depends on when. i suggest u buy a 3000 and wait till it can be downgraded.