You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Different web hosts, same TOS

About 3,500 webhosts use the same Terms Of Service Shocked (it's good that FriHost wrote their own Very Happy)

Just do a Google search for "therefore, subscriber agrees that the company shall not be liable":,+subscriber+agrees+that+the+company+shall+not+be+liable%22&num=100&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&filter=0

At every web host I go to, I check to see if the TOS is stolen (just copy a line into Google and search for it). It's just interesting to see if a web host (or 3,499 web hosts) just stole someone else's TOS.
Standardisation can only be a good thing when i comes to disputes over web hosting.
nobody wants to be on the wrong side of the law...anyway, the most successful hosts are the ones you should be doing the right i guess frihost is doing well in that sense then...
I just hope you won't check the following sentence; it's called the Limitation of Liability and is to be found on almost every tos, just with other site names:
To the full extent permissible under the applicable law, <company> shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, incidental, special or consequential damages resulting from the use or inability to use <company> services.

Also, a lot of those tos are bought from legal firms on the internet or they just used a free tos template(if available). So they will all use the same legal language and it is better to use it. (for legal purposes and just sounding legal)
On one of my old sites I just stole the TOS from ICQ and replaced their name with mine Razz haha, I just say who has to be an expert legally for a non-profit hobby site. I think that one group...I can't remember the name, like CC or Fair Use policy something, a/w they should make a TOS available for everyone (I think they do). Its good business practice for large companies to write their own TOS and legal mumbo jumbo but for the sites run by one person, I don't see the big deal, especially if you aren't expecting any traffic (I only expect traffic from myself and the friends I force to visit my sites Razz )
come on, that's not copy.

that sentence isn't trademark or copyrighted.

it's just how we seek to ensure that hosting company will not be liable, or accountable for anything..

that means that we want to sound professional with our saying and yet, having the meaning.
Interesting facts Smile
and sometimes there should be original
Standardization on this type of thing is a very good idea. Whenever it comes to legal I always suggest that we use a standard form. Now what IS interesting is when you copy an advertising line and google it....especially if it is copywrited. I always find it interesting when people are looking for a quick fix to their sales and/or business woes, how they immediately try to copy some one else's supposed suggest.

The answer out is to truly market your business, it's the business version of rain and sunlight that get's your business to grow.