FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can I leagally Add Wikipedea to my own Site

Possum
Hi

There are times I would like to just cut and paste material from Wikipeda to my site. Can I do this legally.

cheers Possum
Animal
In short, yes you can - you can see the full license used on Wikipedia content here.

The following is the part you are probably interested in:
Wikipedia License wrote:
You may copy and distribute the Document in any medium, either commercially or noncommercially, provided that this License, the copyright notices, and the license notice saying this License applies to the Document are reproduced in all copies, and that you add no other conditions whatsoever to those of this License. You may not use technical measures to obstruct or control the reading or further copying of the copies you make or distribute. However, you may accept compensation in exchange for copies.
Aless
Yup! It's perfectly legal, and good form also requires that you cite your source. So long as you say where the information is coming from (Wikipedia), then there's nothing stopping you from using that on your own personal website (so long as you are not making a profit from that information in any way).
D'Artagnan
like animal said yes, you can even putz content direct from wikipedia on your site or on your software , i've seen babylon doing and asked in wikipedia and they tell its allright...