FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Compatibility

slasonic
There's a lot of talk about compatibility and things like that. Match.com, eharmony.com, etc.

Well, what if two people aren't compatible in the normal ways, but are both able to see past that.

Mutual respect matters most, but it's hard for most people to have respect for someone they aren't compatible with. It's human nature. Especially when ideals like love are involved. Everything must be perfect.

Well, I have a feeling the 50% divorce rate isn't due to incompatibilities. More likely it's a lack of respect and maturity.

So, if incompatibilities seem to be your issue, maybe you arent mature/wise. So quit looking for that greener grass. Maybe you need to water your own lawn.

I guess the final question here is, what really makes a male/female relationship grow or die.
Teddy1
Many points you stated here i believe are true.
In my opinion i believe that people's relationships fail because they can't trust one another, without trust a relationship will fail. Of course you should be faithful to your partner, And assure your partner that you will be faithful to them. With this assurance it helps your partner trust you more when you say you will do something and you do it. This is of course just my opinion whether you guys/girls agree with me is another thing.

Regards.
bikermwtp
In every relationship there has to be a couple of key components like respect for each other, trust (everyone needs trust!!), honesty. I think these are the 3 main basic components but there is way more. These will start a good relationship, as long as you trust each other than you will be comfortable with each other. Honesty is of course the biggest. Without honesty you my as well just not have a relationship because it will end fast and hard!! Either you will get hurt or the one you thought you loved will, and if you wanna hurt someone like that you are horrible. If something is not working out you have to talk, there is one I forgot #2 on the list communication!! if you dont have 1 or 2 there is no chance for a relationship.
TrueFact
I agree with Teddy at the main perspective but oppose you in the details. Without Trust a relation can exist in the first place.

bikermwtp, I agree with you 100%... these are the 3 main components a relation must have to exist and maybe succeed. To make a relationship to succeed may need more than these 3, but they are important to make it ...
Flarkis
I would say that the main thing that determines how likely a persons relationship is how capable the people are at connecting. I have known people with completely opposite view points to get together and last for quite a while because they had a lot to talk about. But I am one of those people who believe that there are "soul mates" for lack of a better word. But i believe that you can have more than one soul mate in a life, people just only tend to notice one of them.

Thats my 2 cents,
Markus
urbanbuddha
I think one of the most important things that a couple must share in order to maintain a long-lasting relationship is communication. Respect and maturity are a plus, but without communication, how would your partner know what you want from him/her and how would you be able to solve marital issue together?

The divorce rate is highest in the second year of marriage with financial issues being the main reason why couples end up divorcing. Can financial issues be solved by respect and maturity alone? I don't think so. I think communication is key. Both partners need to be able to express their concerns to each other in hopes of solving the problem before it becomes a strain on the relationship instead of taking matters into their own hands.
pollux1er
All what your are saying here in your posts are true! I believe you all are rigth. But i want to take you the example of my own couple. My girlfriend and me are very different. She is a girls who always want to be moving, playing, be with friends at party, while I am the opposite. I like calm, noiseless environment, be romantic, in fact, i am her opposite by this view of the thing.
But one thing i can tell you is that we love each other enough for our love to fail for a small thing. Here in my case, i see that it is the trust we are having in our love that is making it stronger. Trust has a lot to play in couples. Even though it can be useless in some couple, i am sure.
Fails of couple for me is due to a lack of responsibility somewhere.
Coen
I wouldn't believe anything those so called "compatibility sites" tell you. They remain sites, written by humans that can make mistakes. I do not believe in a website to tell me whether or not I am compatible with someone. It kind of reminds me about the sites I used when I was younger. Put in two names and the site would "tell me" how well the persons would fit together. I don't know how your sites work but love cannot be calculated. It is irritical and that's the entire beauty of it. Don't believe websites, find out for yourself.

If you and your desired partner respect and love eachother then what the heck if some website said it could never be so? No, don't buy it. Just find it out for yourself. You will have to in the end anyway.
pollux1er
Coen wrote:
I wouldn't believe anything those so called "compatibility sites" tell you. They remain sites, written by humans that can make mistakes. I do not believe in a website to tell me whether or not I am compatible with someone. It kind of reminds me about the sites I used when I was younger. Put in two names and the site would "tell me" how well the persons would fit together. I don't know how your sites work but love cannot be calculated. It is irritical and that's the entire beauty of it. Don't believe websites, find out for yourself.

If you and your desired partner respect and love eachother then what the heck if some website said it could never be so? No, don't buy it. Just find it out for yourself. You will have to in the end anyway.

I entirely agree with you Coen. But the most important between the both is love!
Coen
That, of course, is true. If you really love eachother then there is nothing more you can wish for Smile.