FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A Knight's Tale (2001)

basementgamesltd
Hey all,

I ran across this movie first on TV, about 1/4 completed and knew nothing about it. I generally love the genre, but did a double-take when the rock music piped up. I wasn't sure I was hearing what I was hearing. But it fit right in. In fact, I would never have thought it could work and probably would have turned up my nose before watching if I had known beforehand (honest admission).

The choice of music is perfect and conveys the right emotional quality. You can't just stick in a rock soundtrack for novelty and hope it will work. The music still has to further the story. When the story in of a different era than the story, the task is difficult. They manage it perfectly.

But don't be convinced that this is all about the music. Though formulaic, the story is well-told, well-acted, well-written and exciting.
We purchased it because we intend to watch again (probably more than most other movies).

I love things new, different and well-done. This is it. By the way, it is a great date-movie. It has a story which appeals to men and women and it romantic (without being drippy and boring).

Well, take it easy....

Keep it real...........
crdowner
Well, it took you a while to see a movie that came out seven years ago. Smile

I saw it when it was still in cinemas. I agree that it is a good movie - for both sexes.
jcvincent75
A Knight's Tale is where I first saw Heath Ledger.

Yup I agree with basementgamesltd that the music fits just right for the movie and the scene. I like this movie. In fact I watched it in cinema for like 8 or 9 times. LOL.

Well picked cast and the scripts are well written. I like the introduction scenes in every competition.

Cheers!
blk3
I remembered its the first time I saw Heath Ledger too. I didn't mind the music at all, If I'm not mistaken one of the tracks was Queens 'We will Rock You' or I could be wrong?
Fake
i got it ages and ages ago
Love Heath in that movie
ainieas
I second the notion that it can be a good date movie. I remember getting cozy with my girl friend watching this movie. Loved Shannyn Sossamon in it too.
Nutteloos
One of few very decent medieval comedies. Saw this movie a couple times on TV and was pleasantly surprised. Smile
poppat
I loved this film but could not help thinking that Shannyn Sossamon's character's lady in waiting was far better looking and it surprised me that Heath Ledger's character did not fall for her instead.

I also love Mark Addy and the guy with the ginger hair (can't remember his name) in this film.
mgeek
I caught this Heath Ledger movie on TV. I thought it was cool in that it showed how contemporaneous is the concern of the aspiring knight (Ledger's character) through music and our time's familiar scenes (e.g. World Cup) mixed with the medieval scenes. The theme of the movie is expressed in the line "Change the stars and you change the man". As such the theme is similar to that of "Arthur" (the movie where Clive Owens plays King Arthur). In other words, it is not birth that makes the man but the man himself. Now, I don't know how the movie was received in places where there is a fixed caste system, but for us who take freedom for granted it was fun just seeing how the "small one" become someone "big".
reb00table
I first seen this movie on TV. I enjoyed it. The storyline was nice. The actor did his best. The music made some comic scenes (as mentioned above: We will rock you ).
Heath Ledger's talent is shown again in another knight's tale... a dark one Very Happy (The Dark Knight)

A great family movie, I'd say.
Nutteloos
reb00table wrote:
I first seen this movie on TV. I enjoyed it. The storyline was nice. The actor did his best. The music made some comic scenes (as mentioned above: We will rock you ).
Heath Ledger's talent is shown again in another knight's tale... a dark one Very Happy (The Dark Knight)

A great family movie, I'd say.

I sincerely hope the 'family movie' is directed at the subject movie, not The Dark Knight. (which, while indeed a good movie, is anything *but* a family movie)
reb00table
Smile) Sorry for the misunderstanding. I've edited what I first wrote and 'A great family movie' got next to The Dark Knight .

to rephrase: A Knight's Tale is a nice family movie! Smile
DAsite
I have to agree with you guys here, A Knights Tale was a great movie! The first time I saw it was quite a while back and I was amazed with the story line. The music (as you guys said) was a surprise and a bit strange, but the story brings you right back into the movie.

Whats better than a good Joust anyways! Very Happy