FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

flv to avi online covertor

inventor
hi
i'd like to make an online youtube to avi converter. the thing that i'd like to make diffrent is the output size. i'd like it to be a special resolution, not like the ipod or the psp ones.

how'd i make such a convertor?

where do i start?

thanks
Indi
i don't really do video, but here's an easy suggestion to start: find the file format specifications for the two formats.

Just a little warning... i don't think avi is actually a format. i think avi is a container. Within an avi you can store different formats.

i'm going to assume flv is designed to be a streaming format, which means it very likely serves the video in self-contained chunks, with the info for a couple frames of video in each chunk. Presumably, you're going to want a similar streaming format on the other end. So all you have to do is have a buffer on your server, collect and decode the flv chunks as they come and resize and convert to chunks of your output format, then send those.

Thing is... i have a hunch it takes a lot of computational time to encode a video in a decent streaming format. Which means you may end up having a hell of a delay between starting the video, and playback actually beginning.