FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DNS Problem :(

nasirmansoor
Greetings to all

Once again i m involved in problems with my DNS. I have a domain and i want to point it at my frihost site
my domain name is www.proudpaki.com - i have entered the frihost nameservers to my domain .. but i dont see things changed when i go to proudpaki.com .. it still shows the whole address like www.proudpaki.frihost.net/php

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have waited 2 days for this dns problem to resolve but to no avail.

Thanx a lot
Sunny
When I ping your site

C:\>ping proudpaki.com

Pinging proudpaki.com [216.32.68.250] with 32 bytes of data:

As you can see it resolves your domain in to IP, So its not a DNS problem.I think you still might have 'url forwarding" (redirecting) on and thats what causing the problem
nasirmansoor
Thanx a lot but i still have the same problem .. it still shows proupaki.frihost.net/php

last time, an admin suggested me to change somethind in the .htaccess file but i totally forgot what it was

any help would be greatly appreciated !!!! Sad
nasirmansoor
At last ... the thing is working now !! Add on domain has started to work ..

But there is one more problem ... when i go to proudpaki.com the INDEX/ page comes .. can somehow pls guide me on how to remove that and just directly get to www.proudpaki.com/php/

sorry for all the trouble
thanx a lot
Sunny
Quote:
But there is one more problem ... when i go to proudpaki.com the INDEX/ page comes .. can somehow pls guide me on how to remove that and just directly get to www.proudpaki.com/php/

Go to addon on domains and set up the redirection to point to that url ?.. but but but that won't be the right way to do it.

What you should do is to go to addon domains, remove your domain by clicking delete domain. Then add your domain again and where it says "Username/directory/subdomain Name" give php and It should be fixed.

Edit:

Also you need to upload an index.html file in your public_html folder or use index manager in cpanel to disable indexing.This is important from security point of view.
Bondings
Ok, I suppose this is fixed now as the domain loads normally. Please bump this thread if you need more support/have another question.