FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Managing authentification members...

pollux1er
Hi to everybody here. I want to realize a script that manage authentification on a website. A different acces for different member. My problem is how to give an url to go according to the user. And the user should be present in the database. Thanks to help me
alalex
check out this script http://www.evolt.org/PHP-Login-System-with-Admin-Features
pollux1er
the whole site in spanish and the english zone is not yet build. What do you want me to see? send me a direct link to the view. Thanks
carl_fernandes
Hi,

Just a suggestion related to your post. Why dont you try someting like keeping all the members in the one common database. Then you implement a feature wherein you give differerent rights for different users. Everyone logs in at the same place and based on the rights assigned to the users you display him the options and actions that he can perform on the website.
welshsteve
carl_fernandes wrote:
Hi,

Just a suggestion related to your post. Why dont you try someting like keeping all the members in the one common database. Then you implement a feature wherein you give differerent rights for different users. Everyone logs in at the same place and based on the rights assigned to the users you display him the options and actions that he can perform on the website.

I'm after this exact thing. That article is too advanced as it doesn't explain everything. I'm very new to PHP and MySQL, but my boss wants something knocked up ASAP and I don't have time to learn it, although I plan to learn it. If there are any "off the shelf" systems I can use somewhere, this would be very handy. I basically want a login system whereby I, as the web admin, can setup users in a MySQL database and set various fields in their user record to true or false (1 or 0). Each of these fields needs to relate to a particular page on the site, and I'd like menu items to appear for all the items marked true (1).
carl_fernandes
welshsteve wrote:
carl_fernandes wrote:
Hi,

I'm after this exact thing. That article is too advanced as it doesn't explain everything. I'm very new to PHP and MySQL, but my boss wants something knocked up ASAP and I don't have time to learn it, although I plan to learn it. If there are any "off the shelf" systems I can use somewhere, this would be very handy. I basically want a login system whereby I, as the web admin, can setup users in a MySQL database and set various fields in their user record to true or false (1 or 0). Each of these fields needs to relate to a particular page on the site, and I'd like menu items to appear for all the items marked true (1).

Sorry dude.... dont know much about off the shelf scripts ready to be used... But can help with suggestions if you planning to implement it.. It should not be very complex... Just start about by maintaining a superadmin for your system who can grant and revoke privileges to various users and on each page write a function which i check of the users accessing that page and accordingly set certain flags(to make it simpler some variables). And depending on what flags are set show those options... I hope this is of some help to you...
pollux1er
Thanks for the scenario. I 'll try to materialize it