FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

"Green" tourism

icecool
this is a re-post from the travel forum with the rather sober subject line "Are you a responsible tourist".
over 10 days only 14 people found this question interesting enough to read the post. considering that we are supposed to become more responsible societies i find this rather interesting - and a little sad.
so by re-posting this here i just want to find out the effect of a different subject line. thanks for looking Sad

When booking a holiday does it matter to you if either the tour operator or the destination is following a responsible tourism guideline?

Cape Town Declaration on Responsible Tourism in Destinations 2002

Responsible Tourism:

 minimises negative economic, environmental, and social impacts;
 generates greater economic benefits for local people and enhances the well-being of host communities, improves working conditions and access to the industry;
 involves local people in decisions that affect their lives and life chances;
 makes positive contributions to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage, to the maintenance of the world's diversity;
 provides more enjoyable experiences for tourists through more meaningful connections with local people, and a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues;
 provides access for physically challenged people; and
 is culturally sensitive, engenders respect between tourists and hosts, and builds local pride and confidence

cheers
escritor
icecool wrote:
When booking a holiday does it matter to you if either the tour operator or the destination is following a responsible tourism guideline?

Sure. It is very important. Smile
redace
Tourist is a type of person who do not know what is really beautiful and interesting in the world around us. He needs somebody to tell him. This is why so many people are staying in front of some monument despite the much more beautiful tree is just beside them. Hope you understand what I mean with it.
escritor
redace wrote:
Tourist is a type of person who do not know what is really beautiful and interesting in the world around us. He needs somebody to tell him. This is why so many people are staying in front of some monument despite the much more beautiful tree is just beside them. Hope you understand what I mean with it.

I got your point and agree with it. Wink
jackbreat
Some people who don't know the real beauty.They are damage the real beauty of the world around us. I thing somebody needs to tell him.
Klaw 2
redace wrote:

Uhm sorry but a tourist is a tourist... ie someone going to a region for just for recreation... the fact that some tourist only go for the popular stuff doesnt mean all of them. Some poeple enjoy the culture more some people like nature more...
mikeperhem1
Some Tourist people who are don't know the actual real beauty and interesting in the world around us.This is why so many people are staying in front of some monument despite the much more beautiful tree is just beside them.