FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A real SEO course!

coosh
Hey everybody,
I've read a couple of ""SEO Books"", and though I've picked up some good pointers, what I'm looking for is a more conclusive manual of Search Engine Optimization.
Does such a thing exist, or do I just need to learn on my own?
Practicing is the best method IMO Smile
georgekalathil
Rather than going for SEO courses try to learn something through real experiences...
sambhav
There is nothing like complete course but you will learn different thing from different sources. Just read and implement thing. This will help you a lot as you practically see whats going on.
manumiglani
do go for anything else than SEOBook.com
Ni9htRider
SEO (Search Engine Optimization - which I'm sure you know by now) is actually a set of steps. There is no "real" guideline to do SEO. It depends on lots of factors. The biggest (of course) is backlinks. That's pretty much the main point, and the hardest thing to do. Get backlinks on as many websites as you can. The better the rank of that website, the better the rank of your website. You should always use WWW when linking back to you domain. An example:

Code:
<a href="http://www.yourdomain.com">My Website</a>

This is pretty important because one day (just like a similar post I read earlier) you will find only yourdomain.com indexed on Google and not www.yourdomain.com
the-guide
If you very new to this zone, SEO, at least, you need to know the basic of them and SEO books are very good resource for you to learn from, but, however, do not stop there, gigantic search engines like Google, Yahoo! and all others alway change their algorithms, nearly weekly.

For example, few weeks ago, if you noticed Google's SERPs (search engine results pages) you would found that some of long term position 1 or position 2 website rankings in Google's SERPs suddenly down to lower position. It is not exactly clear yet why has Google done this? What has happened?

If you would like to play in SEO field you need to update your KNOWLEDGE, regularly.

Things that you done well and get best result yesterday might not be in the next few days. So, you should, not to stop learning everything about SEO, especially black hat SEO and white hat SEO, or you may do something mistake, by accident!

SEO/eMarketing Blogs, SEO/eMarketing forums and the search engine's blogs are the good free resources that can extend your acknowledge. Just give some of your online times for them, they're worthwhile.