FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Lion King

KatanaSky
My brother received the Lion King DVD as a gift this year. The Lion King is one of those Disney DVDs that are fairly rare to find. This is one of those movies that I grew up with and it became one of those movies where I can mouth at least every other line.

The very first time I saw the movie was in the cinema in the Philippines - I was probably 6 or 7 years old.

When the movie came out on VHS, I remember my brother and I being content for HOURS just watching the Lion King... playing and rewinding over and over and over again.

Hakuna Matata... lol

Are you a fan of the Lion King? When was the last time you've seen the movie? How old were you when you first watch the movie.
htetkyawlwin
Lion King is a best cartoon movie I ever seen.
a good one of disney's product.
and my most like childhood movie.
urbanbuddha
I'll say it was one of the best "hidden/borrowed" movie from Disney. When I was young (still in elementary school) and watched it, I thought it was the best Disney did and that it was "original". Along came high school and I read MacBeth, then I was like, Disney lied to me... Sad

Oh well, I miss the 2d animated musical from Disney.
chartcentral
If there's also anything about Disney secretly borrowing The Lion King, it would have to be because of some similarities between it and "Kimba, the White Lion" which was an animé. Or maybe Simba and Kimba are long lost brothers with different color.
nepheus
Lion King is one of my flava cartoons. I see it over 10 times and i haven't got boring with it. There's many things we have to learn in this film. Everytime i see this filem, it reminds me my childhood...
TurtleShell
chartcentral wrote:
If there's also anything about Disney secretly borrowing The Lion King, it would have to be because of some similarities between it and "Kimba, the White Lion" which was an animé. Or maybe Simba and Kimba are long lost brothers with different color.

I heard about that--are the plot lines the same?

I love the Lion King--it's one of the few Disneys I can still watch and be contented with.
j_f_k
TurtleShell wrote:
chartcentral wrote:

I heard about that--are the plot lines the same?

I love the Lion King--it's one of the few Disneys I can still watch and be contented with.

The simpsons had a wonderful take on this with lisa's dream where she sees the dead jazz singer in the clouds and also there is mufasa saying 'you must avenge my death kimba, i mean simba'..

agree its easily the best disney film ever made no doubt - the animation (in its time) was also awesome, look particularly closely at the detail when all the animals convene at the very start of the movie. Yes i know the animation has been superseded in technical quality by shrek, monsters inc, toy story et al however as far as storylines go - its got the jump on them all by a long way.
V009
BEST cartoon move ever.
The first is soo great!!!
PennyLane
I first saw it when I was like7 or 8 years old. My mom bought it in English withou subtitles!! It was crazy, but I watched and it was great. I like all the songs, especially: Oh I just can't wait... to be king!! We didn't know what they sang, but it was cool Smile
I'm still looking for it on DVD, because it's one of my missing Disney DVDs...
crimson_aria
I have forgotten the events of this movie until I saw it again just recently. so touching. watching it again reminded me of the time i got so sad when Mufasa died. still gets sad over it. Lion King rules!
bigdan
I love it! I must get it on DVD somehow and watch it again.

I've got the VHS tape, but that's just about buggered and I can't dub it to a DVD using my DVD-R/VHS combo...
Afaceinthematrix
I loved The Lion King when I was little. I recently had to read Hamlet in school, and I realized that The Lion King story was pretty much taken from the play Hamlet. I still like the movie, though.
KatanaSky
The only place I could find it was on Ebay but my brother received as a Christmas present so that was cool Smile
bomba
ohh...when i was child i saw this movie many times..and i cried some times XD
hlavco
Great movie. I still get those songs stuck in my head. The DVD version actually has a new song added into it... they had to find a new voice for kid Simba to sing it, but it still sounds good.
CTMiB
I still get a little weepy when Mufasa is killed in the wildebeast stampede... *sniff*
But it is a truly fantastic film. One of Disney's best traditional animated features.
takashiro
I haven't seen the whole film but just a part, in which Simba's father said lots about the cycle of lives to him. I guess it must be a good film. Very Happy
smspno
I could say out of hand that "The Lion King" is the best and the most moving cartoon movie I have ever seen in my life... I have watched it so many times that I can't count that... And in addition, the soundtrack is terrific!
Dean_The_Great
When I saw this movie in theatres, I was too young to appreciate how good it was. Sure, I enjoyed it. But as an adult it is so much more! Based off the story of Hamlet, you have an epic that rivals any film I've seen. Struggle for power, living free and happy, true love. Man, the movie has it all, and yet-- it's a cartoon! And of course, the amazing score. You can't argue with the Tim Rice/Elton John collaboration on this one. Solid film, through and through.
Fake
We all LOVE this movie!
The sweetest of all time!