FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Losing Luggage at the Airport

KatanaSky
So this year I flew up to Massachusetts to spend the holidays with my family. I arrived around midnight only to find out that my two luggages didn't make it to the airport and I had to leave my brother's home address so they can deliver when they find it. Two days later they delivered one and the following day they delivered the other.

Ok so it's a good thing that they send carriers to deliver lost luggages but... it's still an inconvenience. All the Christmas presents were in those luggages too, oh and my clothes as well. For two days I had to borrow clothes from my sister-in-laws lol

So here's a question for you all... have you ever had your checked in luggage at the airport? What happened? How long did you have to wait?
otiscom
You should try British Airways and fly into Heathrow.

Between them they could lose a complete plane!
Liu
Getting my luggage lost is one of the reason why I never check in luggage, I always do carry on. Well, atleast if the flight is within the country and isn't one way.

If the flight is towards another far country, say Asia, then yes I tend to check in luggage. The few times I have checked in luggage, it has always arrived properly thank goodness.
ocalhoun
I was just looking through the papers with my new credit card, and I found out something that might help in that case: If you paid for your flight with a visa card, you can get visa to compensate you (up to $300) for your lost luggage. Not sure if they would give you anything for just delayed, not lost, luggage, though.

Try that next time!
JBotAlan
I've checked luggage every time I've flown, but that's only been 3 or 4 flights in my entire life. I haven't had any problems with my luggage arriving correctly either. I've had hardware (my wireless router, my video camera) in my luggage and it still functioned when the package got to wherever it was I was going.

I have heard horror stories, though. My personal worst nightmare wouldn't be the luggage not getting to me, it would be my shampoo exploding all over every piece of my clothing...I've heard that happened to my dad before.

What was funny is when I was coming from Mexico into the US (I think...can't really remember) the customs agent wanted to see inside my suitcase. I popped it open, and of course I hadn't anticipated anyone opening the thing, so I just stuffed all my dirty clothing into it. I carefully opened the case, and as soon as I lifted the top, my dirty briefs fell out on the floor...it was pretty funny watching the agent's face when that happened...

JBot
missdixy
Once I had to wait three days for my luggage...I had gone to a summer college program and I was very annoyed. blah.
coolclay
Almost every time I fly US Airways, they lose my luggage, I'd say like 2/3 of the time. Of course if gets found and returned but, its always an annoyance. I guess thats what I get for going on the cheapest flights available.
PennyLane
This is really one of my biggest fears...
I'm always stressed out when I have to wait like a real long time before I get my luggage at the airport. Most of the times I just go and have a drink while my boyfriend waits for my luggage Smile
I like travelling by car Very Happy
Yjaxygames
The worst thing that happened too me is that it took an hour for the luggage to come onto the belt, and that the belt was a long walk from the luggagebelt the luggage should've come.
Alaskacameradude
I got a big video contract from the state once, only problem was I had to fly to another town to do the job. No big deal, loaded all my gear up, took my camera and laptop as carry on, had a mixer, bunch of microphones and cords and other stuff in my carry on. My flight was delayed and didn't get into the town I was flying to until 11pm. The shoot was the next morning. And of course the airline lost my carry on stuff with a bunch of my video gear in that I NEEDED to do the job! With what I was being paid to do this, they were not going to be happy with me if I showed up and told them I couldn't do it! I was not happy with the airlines! Lucky for me they ended up finding my stuff at about 3am. They then had a delivery guy take it to me at my hotel, but when he got there, it wasn't on his truck! He had so much stuff to deliver (I guess they lost a lot of people's bags that night) that he had forgotten to put my stuff on his truck! By this time, I was getting desperate. I drove my rental car out to the airport and picked it up myself. Then hustled to the shoot location and got everything set up JUST in time! It all worked out but it also caused me to insert a new clause in my contracts about how it wouldn't be my fault for failing to deliver if the airlines lost my stuff!!!
Bathamos
Haha, I'm paranoid. XD

I pack all of my luggage carry on. It's hard sometimes but usually I get myself into my backpack and one small suitcase. It's shaped like a cylinder about 1 foot in diameter and 3 feet long.

It's nice and small so I can pack it full then use my body weight to pack everything down in there and shove in more stuff. XD

I can usually fit about 10 pairs of pants and 10 shirts in there. Or half that and a sleeping bag...

It's really nice. XD

In fact, I am away from home right now. I packed everything in my back pack and that suitcase and I've been here for a week and a half and still have a few days to go and I've been fine. =D

Never lost a bag. X3
meet in rio
otiscom wrote:

I hope you're not right! I'm flying to Beijing with them from Heathrow just after the strikes end. I think we're going via Munich, too, so that could be really unamusing. Confused Sad

I've never yet lost luggage, but I've only flown within Europe, and then once a transatlantic return with one change.
neji
Never lost luggage when flying.
Maybe it comes i always had direct flights?
tony
otiscom wrote:

HAHAHA; that is hilarious!!

as for myself, i have never lost luggage on a plane trip. not because i havent traveled much either; i am just extremely lucky i suppose. i have been with other people who have lost luggage on the same trips more than once too!!

pretty crazy. well i love to travel...mm... nothing like seeing the world.
airh3ad
Well you If you traveled in other places you should be aware or prepare luggage you bring . i dnt have experience yet but here in our local luggage if it lost they announce it and find the owner . "One thing Dont Live your things unatendid girl!"
akshar
I lost my Gun while being transported from France to Russia. The Airlines said they are doing their best to find it but they never found it. I had insurance for the Gun so I too had no problem.
But then in shooting it takes time to get adapted to the new Gun. But I won two championships with the new Gun which proved to be very lucky for me.
thejam
KLM Royal Dutch airlines are the worst! I flew 5 times with them, i lost my luggage 3 times!!!
One time they lost my bag for more then a week, and the reason was that they labelled my suitcase the wrong way arround. from Shanghai to Amsterdam, while i was flying Amsterdam - Shanghai. Obviously the transfer in Rome and Hong Kong only made this more complicated, but come!!! Does it take a week to find out that my suitcase actually didn't go anywhere??

Didn't got any compensation aswell....
[FuN]goku
Man that would suck to lose your luggage.
I've never taken an airplane yet so its never happend to me.
erlendhg
Oh, that's too bad. It really stinks to "lose" your baggage like that.
It hasn't really ever happened to me, but it has happened with my parents.
I think the longest they have had to with for their luggage to show up is three days.
That was on a trip to Gran Canaria.
missdixy
akshar wrote:
I lost my Gun while being transported from France to Russia. The Airlines said they are doing their best to find it but they never found it. I had insurance for the Gun so I too had no problem.
But then in shooting it takes time to get adapted to the new Gun. But I won two championships with the new Gun which proved to be very lucky for me.

Hmmm I wonder why you capitalize Gun haha?
tempdbs
Frightening experience...!

But not the total baggage... But only wallet...!

I think losing a wallet is very hilarious than losing the baggage.... Embarassed