FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Wifi repeater

Davi
Hi,
I have Wifi here in my house but outside the signal is too low. And i think if i use an repeater it will be better.
Does anyone know a good reapeter i can use?
Thanks Smile
indie_hall
I've never used one, and I can't believe that no one else has attempted to help, but I'll surely try. I looked on newegg to see what the crew had, when looking under repeater only two results showed up; I tried extender and got 14.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&Description=wireless%20extender&bop=And&Order=PRICE

Some are a bit pricey, and while the user rating average is high, the numbers are across the board. I don't know what you need, or what you'd like beyond something to give you outdoor connectivity. The product I always think is Aiport Express (yes it works on PCs) which can allow you to stream tunes to a radio also.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882101048

Sorry for not being more help, hope you find something. Wink
misterXY
keep going on more details. i used to be a communication tech/electrician apprentice and had to set some up but its only IF you need it...
Josso
To be honest it's a "try and see" situation. It depends on very specific environments whether it will help or not but my guess is that it will but not hugely. I live in an old house with very thick walls, I don't want wi-fi but I don't think it would be very good if we did anyway.