FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

GTA 4 new trailer & release platforms/datum

Davi
Hi guys,
I've found a new trailer on youtube. http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=zwp3HEwA1oM

Looks cool i think, but i can't find of gta 4 will be released on the pc.
Does anyone know this and the release datum?

Thanks Very Happy
spykE
It looks really promising, I can't wait till its released! Thanks for the link Wink.
Nutteloos
Would be a real shame if they didn't release this on the PC, it really would.

But what am I thinking? Of course they will, just maybe a couple months later.
newso
The game looks amazing. The game has taken a long time to complete. I just hope after all the hype and build up the game lives up to its reputation and is a sucesss.

I cant wait until it comes out.
Yjaxygames
It's not yet known if GTA4 will come to the PC, but since GTA3, every GTA game came out for the consoles first before coming to the PC. GTA4 will come too I think, but nothing's sure yet.
mattyj
Looks awesome!!! I might have to invest in a PS3 when its released since i doubt they release it on PS2
Yjaxygames
mattyj wrote:
Looks awesome!!! I might have to invest in a PS3 when its released since i doubt they release it on PS2

They WON'T release it on the PS2. The PS2 can't handle it. And if you want to play GTA4 the best you should buy an Xbox360, you'll get exclusive extras via Xboxlive that PS3 won't get.
mattyj
Yjaxygames wrote:
mattyj wrote:

They WON'T release it on the PS2. The PS2 can't handle it. And if you want to play GTA4 the best you should buy an Xbox360, you'll get exclusive extras via Xboxlive that PS3 won't get.

Yes but dont you have to pay for Xbox Live? I really dont agree with that since you PAY for the console, you PAY for the games, why should i have to pay to use their online service? Microshaft has enough money already
Yjaxygames
mattyj wrote:
Yjaxygames wrote:
mattyj wrote:

Yes but dont you have to pay for Xbox Live? I really dont agree with that since you PAY for the console, you PAY for the games, why should i have to pay to use their online service? Microshaft has enough money already

Doesn't Rockstar decide in the end if you need to pay for that download or not?
And you're right about that, but game developers need time to make a special download for you, so it's not weird that you pay a li'l for some extra gameplay.
jcnet
wow.....thanks friend,,,,,,, for sharing the video..............

really coollll...

have fun.....
lethaltriad
looks sweet! i can hardly wait for it to be released on PC!! just hope we dont have to goto the gym to exercise again like in San Andreas
votd
Release date is going to be May - September 2008.

It seems like GTA 4 is going to be less bigger than San Andreas, but only from the first look. Because in San Andreas there were three big metropolies, and in San Andreas we will get only one, but very huge, based on Las Vegas if I'm not mistaken. But think about the system requirements. It would be nice to have an upgraded PC when the GTA4 goes into public. And also the date I've mentioned is probably console release date, so we will be waiting some fine few months for Rockstar to release it on PC (like always...). But just think of the great graphics, new possibilites... I just can't wait for it. But it seems my PC is too weak for this great game. I loved GTA3, Vice City, San Andreas and I will love this one too. For sure.
Nutteloos
I think my current system might be able to run it... lowest resolution and toned-down graphics, probably. But as long as it runs smooth enough, I'm not one to complain. Let's just hope they will release it for PC sooner or later.
Emmer-Compascuum
votd wrote:
Because in San Andreas there were three big metropolies, and in San Andreas we will get only one, but very huge, based on Las Vegas if I'm not mistaken.

*slightly confused*

---

I'm expecting some pretty high system requirements if the game will be ported to the PC. Since I also want the game to run (relatively) smoothly at lower resolution settings (but keeping normal level visual effects), I'm waiting with the purchase of a new computer until I know what the recommended system requirements are. I really hope it doesn't take too long, lol. xD
But if it doesn't come to the PC... Well, then I don't have a reason to buy a new one I suppose. (Killer app. =O)

EDIT: Grammar correction
carlokes
Hi there,

Hummm....seen the trailer and i must say it looks quite promising. GTA is getting better and better and the range of action the player can do are getting wider and more real than ever.
This is definitely one of the games i will play when i get my hands on it Razz
Since i have played all gta's so far and never disliked one (although it gets a bit bored sometimes) im quite sure this will rock my world lol Razz

Stay Cool !!
st-games
I am just scared, because XBOX 360 use DLDVD with 8.5 GB. It seems that 8.5 GB is too small. All PS3 also have Hard Drive, so GTA can use virtual memory from PS3. This game will show different between PS3 and XBOX 360.

I do not understand why Microsoft still sell XBOX 360 without hard drive (XBOX 360 Arcade) and why games can not come on HDDVD (XBOX 360 HDDVD player can be used for playing games)?
David_Pardy
GTA3 was based on New York City, but utilised stereotypes and such, rather than actual geography.

GTA:VC was based on Miami

GTA:SA was based on California

GTA4 will be Liberty City again, but newly created to be a far more geographical representation of New York.

I remember with VC and SA they released PC versions about 6 months after the console versions.

I will be waiting for the PC version myself, I don't have a need for a console.
Nutteloos
Console shooters are a definite no-no for me, too. I just can't stand aiming with a joystick, makes me feel like I'm handicapped. Smile
Vladalf
Hope this GTA has more liberty in it and better ai. It would be cool if you could rob banks, make gangs and such. Hope it has a country part eventualy. :-S I don't like little spaces.
Ringan
I think it should be more like the psp-games, those rule Smile
Maddo
votd wrote:

Err, no. GTA IV is going to be released on 28 april 2008. It's announced on gtaiv.net and stuff. :p
Kelcey
It'll be interesting to see how it sells between both consoles. My vote goes it easily sells more on 360.
Nocturne
Only in 360 ?
dcfive65ive
gta4 is taking too long to be released, i understand that they are trying to improve the game, but they need to stop releasing false release dates, its been 3 times they have pushed the date back.
urbanbuddha
I can't wait for the release. I pre-ordered my special edition for the 360.

I also like the fact that there's downloadable content making it have even more replayability.
Blu_Spykz
Great, looking forward to it, downloaded the trailer on PS3 - looks kickass.

Extra content, if used well, could make this game LEGENDARY. - Here's to hoping.

The fact that GTA games have always been massive, coupled with the sheer size of the PS3 disks could mean this game will last a LONG time. - I just hope they don;t get caught up in the graphics and neglect the plot/playability.
mattchun
Wow...it's cool, i've been waiting for it for such a long time!
bomba
its gonne be godly game.no airplance but much grapich atanchen.
exellent cars and execly thing.
waiting!
Nutteloos
Wait - so I cannot fly my private jet between the skyscrapers of Manhattan?

That's a shame.
Indyan
Graphics look stunning for a GTA game.
However the games are too damn long. I havent managed to finish a single game Sad
landed
@ votd:

It seems like GTA 4 is going to be less bigger than San Andreas, but only from the first look. Because in San Andreas there were three big metropolies, and in San Andreas we will get only one, but very huge, based on Las Vegas if I'm not mistaken. But think about the system requirements. It would be nice to have an upgraded PC when the GTA4 goes into public. And also the date I've mentioned is probably console release date, so we will be waiting some fine few months for Rockstar to release it on PC (like always...). But just think of the great graphics, new possibilites... I just can't wait for it. But it seems my PC is too weak for this great game. I loved GTA3, Vice City, San Andreas and I will love this one too. For sure.

This is datum for now, but finish this game is in 2009.
Fake
They say everything is in more details

So instead of driving around, we stick around and create some havoc Very Happy