FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pilonidal Cyst

fpwebs
My girlfriend recently had surgery on a pilonidal cyst. This surgery: pilonidal cyst excision is classified as a minor surgery, however I think it should be classified as a major surgery recuperation time and the scar. The location of it is on the tailbone and it's not a pretty site to see. Tell me if you know anyone or if you've ever had a cyst or something similar.
CrimsonStrange
Yeowch! Anxious
My deepest sympathies to your girlfriend, fpwebs.
My buddy Neelix had one of those as a kid and he said dealing with that was actually worse than having open-heart surgery, in his opinion.
Took a lot longer to heal up than the incision in his chest did.
And because of where they're usually located... it's literally a pain in the butt.
It hurts to lie down, sit down, walk, stand... do practically anything.

You might wanna show your girlfriend this website: Pilonidal.org - it's an information & support-type site created by a woman who had to deal with one.
There's a community and lots of helpful info there that she may find useful & comforting.
(She'll probably find the "Aftercare" section particularly informative.)

Best of luck to your girlfriend, fpwebs, and you're a wonderful person for being so supportive & understanding for her right now.
She's lucky to have ya! Wink