FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Goal-obsessed

lrcandy
Should students so goal-obsessed at such an early age and not prepared for change in the future?

edit by rvec: please don't overuse the font codes
coolclay
I am unsure what you are trying to say. I think the education system, starts way to early now in days, kids don't even have a chance to have any fun when they are young. Is that the point your trying to discuss.
jabapyth
There are clearly some translation issues here. I think that the education system (at least where I live) does allow kids to have fun... i know, i had fun, when I was a kid Wink
But being obsessed with only one goal could lead children to be unprepared for change, and leave them stranded if that goal becomes unavailable in the future.
_AVG_
I think it's too young an age to decide. You should always keep your options open. Yet, you should at least know what you like doing and what you don't, i.e., you should know in which direction your life is heading.
Aless
There's nothing wrong with having goals in life - for many, it is the only way to accomplish anything & have some sense of direction. However, one can also be so blinded by their goals that they fail to see that a slight change in course or destination will have greater return.