FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My mother's health condition

fpwebs
It's been really sad lately for my mom. She is extremely ill and I doubt there is any way to make her better. A little over a month ago she got sent to the hospital because of the way she's been acting and even before she went things were horrible. It was really stressful to take care of my mother when she is in that kind of condition. The doctors came to the conclusion that her liver is failing. I found out that you need a liver to live, so if her liver fails then she's dead. Her liver is in a really bad condition and she went to Denver two weeks ago to be put on the liver transplant list. She's been hallucinating and she's really weak (she'll fall and I can't pick her back up, she has no strength). Today she came back from the hospital and I don't want her here. Don't get me wrong, I love my mom and I was excited to see her, but the entire thing is too dramatic for me that I can't handle it. I am not capable to take care of her. I have a family friend over right now to help me take care of her, and I hope that everything will turn out ok by the end of everything. I guess her liver is getting "better" but it doesn't look like it to me. Do you know anyone who is in a similar condition as my mother is?
benjmd
Many people across the world and in the United States suffer from liver failure, either because of infection or alcohol or inherited diseases or cancer. I'm sorry that you have had to deal with all of this and I am sorry for your mom having to go through this as well. "Liver failure," though, does not mean that the liver is inevitably doomed to stop working altogether. Depending on what is causing the failure, the liver sometimes can regenerate itself for a bit, but hoping for a liver transplant if things are quite severe is probably the best. Your reaction to her illness is quite a normal one and I think you can definitely make it through it and will be great to your mother.
thewebkid
I am sorry for your mom. My dad is suffering the same thing. He's has been an alcoholic his entire life. Now his liver is failing and his left side of his body falls numb sometimes, it's like he melts on one side. What I will say to you is to pray and pray some more. I prayed for my dad to somehow get heeled and he did, but he went right back and did what we told him not to do...we can only do but so much in these situations. Pray for your mom as I will too. I know the pain, I was afraid my dad was just going to drop dead soon, but God changed that. Have faith, she will pull through.
woundedhealer
I'm sorry to hear about your mom. It cannot be easy for you to look after her, and you shouldn't expected to, at least not without help. I don't know how old you are, but I've a feeling you are too young to be expected to be sole carer without having any backup. Here in the UK you would get backup from social services. You really need to speak to someone who can help you, even your school teacher if you don't anyone else.

It would help if you joined a carers support group. There you would find people who know exactly how you feel and what you ae going through. I've got a spinal injury and I'm in an online support group which helps tremendously.

If your mother has been put on a transplant list, it means her liver is failing and it is most unlikely it can repair itself.
tijn01
Sad to read this story about your mom, but listen mate you have to get your act together and help her. It almost appears in your story that you feel more sorry for yourself than for your mom, get some social services / nurses involved to help you carry the load....... and stop feeling sorry for yourself that emotion is not helping anybody!
imera
tijn01 wrote:
Sad to read this story about your mom, but listen mate you have to get your act together and help her. It almost appears in your story that you feel more sorry for yourself than for your mom, get some social services / nurses involved to help you carry the load....... and stop feeling sorry for yourself that emotion is not helping anybody!

It's not about feeling sorry for their own sake. When someone close in the family are sick most people help out, and for those that have their own family and a job it will be harder after a while. Many hopes that they get better but when things get worse it will affect everything.
I have been so lucky and had nothing that bad happen to the ones in my family, my mother has many problems with her back and other things and I try to help her as much as I can, even if I know I could do much more for her.

But for those that thinks those that send sick parents away is bad then what about those that send their parents to a nursing home? It's so much easier to judge when nothing like that has happened to themselves
woundedhealer
tijn01 wrote:

I'm disabled, and I've been through a lot of medical procedures, never knowing the outcome of it. I have constant pain and other health problems because of it. As bad as it is for me, it's worse for my family. When I undergo surgery I'm unconsious while family are worried out of their mind. While I may feel the pain, my family can see it even though I try hard not to show it. I know how I feel, but they don't, they can't even imagine and it's tough for them. We always say it's worse for the family, and it's true. It does affect the family.
This young person needed to get his story out and I think he's very brave to do this. If nothing else, we can send him loving thoughts because I do believe this can help
crimson_aria
I'm sorry about your mom. I know how it feels. Whenever I see my parents having trouble about their health, I feel really bad. Stay with her, it will help her condition.
woundedhealer
crimson_aria wrote:
I'm sorry about your mom. I know how it feels. Whenever I see my parents having trouble about their health, I feel really bad. Stay with her, it will help her condition.

It will certainly help your mother to have you about. As I know nothing about your circumstances I can't urge you to stay, you need to do what's best for all concerned. I do know that if you abandoned your mom you would come to regret it in the future.

As always, my thoughts are with you
fpwebs
Well... currently my mom passed away which was really sad. She was in intensive care, but now she is dead. She got cremated and i have her ashes, there are certain wishes that my mother wants fulfilled, so I'm goign to try to take care of them because they are pretty special. anyways, it really sucks that my mom passed away, her and i were really close so... yea. but oh well, i will just use the knowledge that i obtained from her to live a better life. thanks mom.
Srs2388
Sad I'm so sorry to hear that my condolences go out to you and your family.
You will make it through this though.
I lost my grandmother and was there alot while she was sick. she had bone cancer she suffered for over a year.
I know what it's like to lose someone close...
but I haven't lost a parent thank God.
but good luck going through everything and fulfilling her wishes.
woundedhealer
I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my mum when I was really young so I do understand some of what you are going through. One thing you must know is that you are not to blame. Nothing you did or didn't do caused this. Another thing to remember is that even though you cannot see her, she is watching over you. She will be so proud to know that because of her, you will live a better life.
I wsh you luck in carrying out her wishes.

I was with frihost when my father passed over and I can tell you that people here were very supportive
me410
My father in law suffered a long and degenerative illness, but their last years are full of love and with a good life quality, my wife gives to him a lot of affection, treat him like a baby, he dies, in peace.