FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

.bin files. How to use?

imagefree
I have a software with three files. A .txt, a .cue and a .bin .

.bin seems to contain the main software because its size is 700+ MB. Can anyone please tell me how to use it?

Currently it has VLC Player icon (means it is recognized as a media file on win XP).

Thanks for your help.
badai
just put the cue and bin files in 1 folder, burn the cue file with any burner (like nero).

alternatively, you can look up software that can convert it into iso and burn the iso.
surdy
I guess the following link would solve all your queries abt bin/cue files
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/7976
cheerz
Mr_chocool
imagefree wrote:
I have a software with three files. A .txt, a .cue and a .bin .

.bin seems to contain the main software because its size is 700+ MB. Can anyone please tell me how to use it?

Currently it has VLC Player icon (means it is recognized as a media file on win XP).

Thanks for your help.

Daemon tools or alcohol120% Wink
cosmicx
it is a disk image file...
you can try to mount the file and run on your computer without burning the files into any CDs or DVDs...
Besides Daemon tools or alcohol120%, you also can try out with PowerISO or Magic ISO Cool
blueray
You could also use the power iso to open it.
But daemon is free.
aningbo
Daemon tools or alcohol120 to simply start using it. the softwares act as a virtual CD drive. or you may use ISO buster to extract it or use a program like nero and burn the software
dac_nip
i actually considred /bin directory or /sbin directory in linux file system. hehe..
bulek
As others said, Daemon tools would be the best choice because you can just mount .bin file and Daemon tools will automatically create virtual drive, so it will look like you have additional dvd-player in your computer. You can also use PowerISO or WinISO, they are both good programs and they are able to extract .bin files. PowerISO has support for virtual drives as well, but it's not so powerful as Daemon tools is.