FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Constructors in Java, help

pollux1er
Hi to everybody. I am a java beginner and i worried about constructors. What is the main role of constructors in Java Language? Wink
snowboardalliance
pollux1er wrote:
Hi to everybody. I am a java beginner and i worried about constructors. What is the main role of constructors in Java Language? Wink

Constructors handle initialization. They set initial variables and you need to call one before using an object (or it will throw null pointer exceptions.)

Constructors are a pretty basic part of OOP and I recommend you read some java tutorials on this because it is something you should know. Maybe someone here can offer a more detailed explanation though.
pollux1er
snowboardalliance wrote:
pollux1er wrote:

Constructors handle initialization. They set initial variables and you need to call one before using an object (or it will throw null pointer exceptions.)

Constructors are a pretty basic part of OOP and I recommend you read some java tutorials on this because it is something you should know. Maybe someone here can offer a more detailed explanation though.

Thanks first for the explanation you gave. It is helpful. Wink
jabapyth
Are you worried specifically about constructors because you know another language that doesn't have them? Are you familiar w/ OOP?
ThePolemistis
jabapyth wrote:
Are you worried specifically about constructors because you know another language that doesn't have them? Are you familiar w/ OOP?

Don't confuse the kid. Smile