FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Death Note

Sparda
Death Note has become my favorite anime I have ever watched. It is about this guy who finds the Death Note and starts using it to kill criminals. Soon enough, someone who calls himself L then trys to investigate this case and find the one called Kira. So, it goes like that for quite a few episodes.

What do you think about Death Note? Who is your favorite character? My favorite character is L.
QrafTee
Sparda wrote:
Death Note has become my favorite anime I have ever watched. It is about this guy who finds the Death Note and starts using it to kill criminals. Soon enough, someone who calls himself L then trys to investigate this case and find the one called Kira. So, it goes like that for quite a few episodes.

What do you think about Death Note? Who is your favorite character? My favorite character is L.

There's already a Death Note post. But my favorite character is also L, we uh... share some of the same habits--but I do not share his love of sweets...
Psycho_X52
A friend of mine recommended me to wath the series... L is pretty clever. I like him too...
But there are people who like Light Sad
kiran_n444
I love the way "kira" thinks it so amazing, and that "EL" he's like kiras opposite! This has a great plot. I Simply Love the Show.
weiwei
my favorite char is L.. y L died? i quite dissapointed..
sergio_ykz
Yeah!!!

"L" is really the best, but the "N" is very good too.

But Misa have a pretty voice...

Somewhere watch the Movie???

Please, post your comments...
Maddo
I've heard some good things about this story, my friends watch it, and they're very enthusiastic about it. I'm going to watch the first episodes tomorrow Razz.
votd
Yep, Death Note is definitely a great show. But I think it should be 26 episodes long in total, not 37. Maybe some longer, but not 37. Just watch it and think about it. First 26 episodes were much better than the rest of series, because the L successor's - Mello and Near were so unrealistic characters, that I thought they were made just to fill the hole. Especially the rest of episodes counting from episode 30 to 35 (36 and 37 were great, no doubt). They are just boring and pointless. Some action with Mello was cool, but Light flirting with Kiyomi and playing around were just pointless.

And the ending... it just don't work. For a bit part. I think it could be longer, but for what reason? I would prefer some other ending. And it was totally diffrent from manga - manga ending was so dark, so climatic, I'd just love to see it in anime. And in anime we have a silent, very calm ending - almost an happy end. An happy end of series which was even darker than Hellsing for some part.

But series as a whole is just marvellous. I suggest watching Director's Cut version - it's also very good and acts like a whole summarization of series with added new scenes.
doppleganger
my fav character was 'L', why did 'L' have to die
Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Maddo
Maybe you could use a damn spoiler to hide that..
QrafTee
votd wrote:
Yep, Death Note is definitely a great show. But I think it should be 26 episodes long in total, not 37. Maybe some longer, but not 37. Just watch it and think about it. First 26 episodes were much better than the rest of series, because the L successor's - Mello and Near were so unrealistic characters, that I thought they were made just to fill the hole. Especially the rest of episodes counting from episode 30 to 35 (36 and 37 were great, no doubt). They are just boring and pointless. Some action with Mello was cool, but Light flirting with Kiyomi and playing around were just pointless.

And the ending... it just don't work. For a bit part. I think it could be longer, but for what reason? I would prefer some other ending. And it was totally diffrent from manga - manga ending was so dark, so climatic, I'd just love to see it in anime. And in anime we have a silent, very calm ending - almost an happy end. An happy end of series which was even darker than Hellsing for some part.

But series as a whole is just marvellous. I suggest watching Director's Cut version - it's also very good and acts like a whole summarization of series with added new scenes.

*POTENTIAL SPOILER*

I watched the Director's Cut and although I did enjoy it, I was sad it didn't show the downfall of Kira. It hinted at the resolve, but nothing about the second part. I do understand why it could have been excluded though because the whole second part seemed rushed.