FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do i remove this bar from my iGoogle page?

FriBogdan
Hm... you can see in the picture what is the problem. I think that until a few days ago this "bar" was transparent or it wasn't there Neutral. Now it looks bad Neutral.

So... did anyone had the same problem with Google ? ... and knows how to make that transparent or how do i remove it.
AftershockVibe
The bar now floats at the top of the google homepage - regardless of whether you are using iGoogle or not. I haven't bothered to investigate how to or if you can get rid of it but I thought I'd let you know that it's not just your iGoogle page.
snowboardalliance
FriBogdan wrote:
Hm... you can see in the picture what is the problem. I think that until a few days ago this "bar" was transparent or it wasn't there Neutral. Now it looks bad Neutral.

So... did anyone had the same problem with Google ? ... and knows how to make that transparent or how do i remove it.

Some firefox extension that edits css (edit css I think is the name) would work to make it transparent. But it is normal.
Billy Hill
You can use RIP in Firefox (Remove It Permanently)

I did it once, ef'd up every other google page I ever visited so I removed the RIP.
jackill
Yeah, it didn't look nice :/ In Firefox with FireBus (but i'm not sure), You can style it, or completly remove (make div display parameter -> none).
FriBogdan
Hm...i've tried CSSedit....but i don't think it can remove that thing. Hm... i don't imagine how i can load a different css every time i enter the google page. That little extension doesn't have this option.

I've tried that permanent remove extension.. and it works partially. It removes half of that bar... and only the writing.. so... it is not what i needed.

Anyway ... 10x for the reply. I will try to live with it.... That bar is not like a banner or a flash... complex extensions to remove it ... i don't think that exist.

(...) and i didn't find anything like FireBus.
AftershockVibe
Try GreaseMonkey (firefox extension), it will be able to remove it but it's powerful and might require you to learn what about it first. Of course, someone may very well have already posted the code you'd need to make it do that. I'm sure you can't be the only person to find it annoying.