FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

pls. help me with mambo!

Moty
Embarassed i can`t instal the mambo engine, when i giving to it mysql username i pass it says that they are incorrect!

sombody, help lamer!
Bondings
Moty wrote:
Embarassed i can`t instal the mambo engine, when i giving to it mysql username i pass it says that they are incorrect!

sombody, help lamer!

Try to install it with cpanel, that will be much easier.

If you want to do it manually, you need to create a user for the each database and link it to that database.
boringest
you can goto cpanel->MySQL->add the account and username and remember to assign the account to the username. then type that in your configuration.php.
mOrpheuS
Moty wrote:
when i giving to it mysql username i pass it says that they are incorrect!

Also, keep in mind that any database and user that you create in cPanel will be prefixed with your cPanel username and underscore.

ie., if you enter xyz as database name,and your cPanel username is abc, then the database created will have the name abc_xyz.

The same goes for database user that you create.
Moty
Bondings wrote:
Moty wrote:

sombody, help lamer!

Try to install it with cpanel, that will be much easier.

If you want to do it manually, you need to create a user for the each database and link it to that database.

instal with cpanel??? how???
Bondings
In cpanel, go to the bottom and click on fantastico. There you will see a list of software you can install.
Moty
Bondings wrote:
In cpanel, go to the bottom and click on fantastico. There you will see a list of software you can install.

Bondings thanks!!! u are the greatest admin in te world.
fantastico is fantastic!!!!
is list of software in fantastico updated?
Bondings
Moty wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Bondings thanks!!! u are the greatest admin in te world.
fantastico is fantastic!!!!
is list of software in fantastico updated?

Sometimes it is one version behind, but for most things, it's up to date.
Moty
php nuke 7.8 has ben out! on your fantastico it is 7.7! update it!!!
nasirmansoor
Cmon dude .. give the admins a break

Dont worry - it'll be out soon Very Happy