FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Macbook Pro fan replacement

ammonkc
I need to replace the fans on my MacBook Pro core duo. The fans have been acting up for a while and my macbook pro is out of warranty. Replacing it fans myself is not a problem. I've successfully taken apart this machine before, but I can't seem to find anywhere to buy the replacement part. I've found a couple of online parts distributors that sell this fan, but they are out of stock and have been for a while.

Does anyone know where I can buy fans for a 15" Macbook Pro core duo 2.16 Ghz? or how much would apple charge for doing this out of warranty?
Thanks
froginabox
I'm not sure where you can get the fans, but you might want to try calling Apple to see if they would give you a price quote. Part of me says it would be cheap (minus shipping), the other part of me says it would be an arm and a leg.
ammonkc
I will probably try that. but my experience with apple in the past was that they do not sell parts that are not "user installable". I tried to buy a mac pro wifi card, and they would not sell it to me. so I went to a 3rd party apple certified repair shop and they wouldn't sell it to me either. they said that they could get it trouble with apple if they found out that they sold it to me. hopefully this isn't the case with the fan.