FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

free mail hosting?

JayBee
I have registered new domain and I host it on my own server but I also want email account.
I discovered that I can point MX records to different server so I only want to know if anybody do that.

Are there any free mail hosts? I cant find any without web hosting. I want only to forward all incoming messages to another address.
adeydas
i would suggest using a reliable host when it comes to email. Gmail has a free service with domains and so does Windows Live. try them, they are good. apart from that many free webhosts provide email service with POP3 and IMAP (SMTP is usually not provided).
ddoonie
I never knew gmail offered that service... thank you very much for the info!
JayBee
Thank you adeydas! Now I use Google mail and it works fine. I also have free 100 mail addresses for my domain.
bluffmango
can gmail service in any way be used to send registration emails from my website to users email accouuunts..?
zellfaze
Yes, just configure your site to point to gmails smtp servers after you sign up for there program. Thats what I have done with mail.101clan.net
bluffmango
but what do i have to enter in the sendmail path location in one of my scripts i am using on my website?????