FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New Monitor: Chimei 221D-NBC vs. Samsung 226BW

Donutey
Right now at newegg there is only a $35, difference between the two. As I see it, the Samsung offers (probably, as I can't find and reviews of the Chimei) better image quality, 2ms response time, and the samsung name behind it.

The only thing I'm wary about it the whole thing where Samsung has been suspected of substituting lower quality panels in the 226BW, thus its up in the air if I'll actually get the good samsung made panel with it.

If it weren't for the whole possibility of getting a less than superb panel with the Samsung, I would buy it in a heartbeat, but the whole different panel thing bugs me.

Any and all opinions are helpful. Thanks.
crdowner
I have been happy with the Samsung products I have but I have not used a Samsung flat panel.

Did you buy the Samsung or hold out for something else?
jackill
I'm currently using Samsung 2232BW 22" LCD monitor. It's 226BW with new case/exterior. It is very good monitor, but You must know TN's limits (view angles, color reproduction). I think that Samsung will be better option.

Also notice: http://www.behardware.com/articles/667-1/samsung-226bw-a-and-s-series-the-verdict.html

But chocice is Yours.
Donutey
I ended up buying the 226BW and I've been pretty satisfied with it. It's almost as good in color quality as the Mitsubishi vivitron monitor it replaced, and is definitely bigger and higher resolution... Rolling Eyes.
ChrisM
I own the same Samsung and have to say it is vey good, wise choice Very Happy