FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Inspiron 8500: Boots with with black screen

wicke
Inspiron 8500 is a laptop made by Dell. Dell is a registered trademark that sometimes means bad quality PCs. This computer is a good example.

It doesn't show BIOS through integrated LCD anymore (I don't know, what have happened, I only know it has worked correctly someday.). It turns it's screen on when Windows is on and asks for account for login (Dell's BIOS and WinXP loader screens will not appear without external monitor). When using external monitor all will be seen through it but it will make Windows always bootable with external monitor so after that I will see nothing until I use Windows' own System Restore tool to fix my system back.

Other problems are that I can't use the laptop's LCD with external monitor (extended desktop), I can't either change display back to LCD from external monitor but from LCD to monitor it's possible.

I have updated BIOS, graphics card flash and graphic drivers for Windows. I have heard that this laptop's BIOS has been also updated earlier with Dell's tech help desk (was free when this product had warranty) for fixing this problem but because this computer was in office use, user had never time to bring it to Dell.

Have anyone any ideas how to fix this kind of screen problem? I have to have a show using a data projector, so need this laptop working as correctly as possible as fast as possible.

I hope everyone understood. I have also contacted Dell and I'm waiting and expecting kind of answer in few days.
Pepijn
Hi!

I have an Inspiron 1501 and am very satisfied:) Except from vista......... But thats another story(A)

Try pressing the purple Fn key and the F8 key... Maybe that works...

Else try www.dell.com for drivers and updated bios...

Good luck;)

Pepijnn
[FuN]goku
Pepijn wrote:
Hi!

I have an Inspiron 1501 and am very satisfied:) Except from vista......... But thats another story(A)

Try pressing the purple Fn key and the F8 key... Maybe that works...

Else try www.dell.com for drivers and updated bios...

Good luck;)

Pepijnn

Heh i have a 1501 as well and it runs like a charm (i have xp though Razz ) .. i recently had mine serviced for a "Black Screen"..
I was installing a driver and then my pc crashes and reboots in the middle of the install... somehow it MESSED UP the entire bios... and i would get a black screen.. it didnt matter whether i had an external monitor connected or not..

Dell ran me through this whole procedure on the phone, they said okay, turn your laptop off, press the fn key, and tell me what the indicators on your lock display are doing. Then they told me to disconnect/reconnect the modem and junk.. but i ended up sending it to them anyways.

But it works fine now.