FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do you lay when you sleep?

On my stomach
32%
 32%  [ 17 ]
On my back
11%
 11%  [ 6 ]
On my side
22%
 22%  [ 12 ]
It varies
33%
 33%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 53

RubySlasher
Just curious to see if most everyone sleeps on their stomachs like I believe they do.

snigna
I can't lie on my stomach. I can't breathe that way, I just choke! I usually lay on my side and sometimes on my back.
jharsika
I also feel like I'm suffocating if I lay on my stomach. I might lie down that way sometimes, but never fall asleep that way. For me my favorite way to sleep is in the fetal position on my ride side! Haha.
Nameless
Quote:

Down.

*crickets*

(On my back, usually. I can not get to sleep, or even really be comfortable, on my stomach.)
ddoonie
never on my stomach, most uncomfortable position. I usually end up in the fetal position, but start out on my back.
snowboardalliance
snigna wrote:
I can't lie on my stomach. I can't breathe that way, I just choke! I usually lay on my side and sometimes on my back.

I used to be comfortable that way, but now it just kills my back. The only way for me to sleep without hurting my back is on my back
SpellcasterDX
I sleep on my stomach. Everyone says you suffocate, but I don't. I feel a little constrained, sometimes, but otherwise I manage to fall asleep.

Actually, I think it's not exactly on my stomach, but rather partly on my side, partly on my stomach. Kind of hard to explain. lol
KatanaSky
My sleeping position varies I think...

It depends on how tired I am too possibly.

Usually I sleep on my stomach (with my head tilted on the side) but I move around a bit when I sleep.

Some times though, when I am REALLY tired I just pass out laying flat on my back.

I also think I start with the laying position on my side (hugging a pillow) but I usually end up on my stomach.
RubySlasher
SpellcasterDX wrote:
Actually, I think it's not exactly on my stomach, but rather partly on my side, partly on my stomach. Kind of hard to explain. lol

Hmm, I can understand that. Like you bring your right knee up to your right elbow, so then you're resting on your stomach and also your side.

I usually just sleep on my whole stomach, resting my face on my pillow, which I tuck my arms under.

Sleeping habits are interesting like that, everyones varies from another's in some way.
Aless
I sleep on my stomach, too! Actually, it's halfway on my side and halfway on my stomach.

But I usually wake up on back, despite the fact that I can't fall asleep like that!
Insanity
I usually sleep on my side or on my back, but if I start snoring I think my roommate pushes me so that I'm facing down and it muffles the sound.
Peterssidan
I sleep on my side most of the time. I think it's the most confortable way of sleeping. I try to sleep on my back sometimes because then I have a more stright back and not so much tilt forward.
skygaia
I usually lay on my back and sometimes on my side. I think it is usual... isn't it?
SpellcasterDX
RubySlasher wrote:
SpellcasterDX wrote:

Hmm, I can understand that. Like you bring your right knee up to your right elbow, so then you're resting on your stomach and also your side.

I usually just sleep on my whole stomach, resting my face on my pillow, which I tuck my arms under.

Sleeping habits are interesting like that, everyones varies from another's in some way.

Yea kind of like that. I also tuck my hand under my pillow like you. lol
mina
i usually like to fall asleep laying on my side, it's just more comfortable, but i like to have a body pillow or something.

most of the time i have a hard time trying to fall asleep on my back, it's just not very comfortable to me... but that's the way i wake up half the time, so i guess i must move around a lot in my sleep. i kinda do the half laying on my side half on my stomach thing too, kinda sprawled out a little bit. its one of those things you kinda have to do to understand i guess, heh.
william
You know, for me, my most comfortable position happens to be my stomach. After that would be my left side followed by my right. Least comfortable is my back (other than standing up, on my head, and what not Very Happy ). Until recently, I almost always slept on my stomach, but haven't been doing so much anymore. I don't know, maybe my bed is getting worn. Nowadays, I tend to lie between my right side and my stomach, usually with part of my body on a body pillow. My body position changes quite often, and I think it's based on the location of my pillows (I keep four pillows with me). I guess my position may also have to do with how tired I am. If I'm really tired, I can sleep in any position. If I'm not tired it's either on the stomach or in between the stomach and right side.
raine dragon

Laying on my back makes me feel odd, like it's harder to breath and swallow.

I sleep on my side part of the time.. the other half of the time I lay half on my side, half on my tummy while hugging a pillow, with my head turned to the side so I can breathe.

I've been under a HUGE amount of stress with a poor diet and little sleep lately (yay college) so I'm generally a bit nauseous by the time I have time to sleep, and that's the only way that doesn't make me feel like I'm about to be quite sick. (and no, I don't drink, nor am I preggers before anyone asks XD )
lrcandy
Haha,I prefer to sleep on my side,but when i am sleeping, i always sleep on my back,cause only in this way can i keep myself in a good shape.
friuser
I also like sleeping on my stomach because it's feels better. It could also because I have some problems with my back. Sleeping on my side feels weird as it doesn't seem right cause my neck wouldn't be straight and I'll be like hunched over. It's all about my neck and back when I'm sleeping.
ashen
Hm... It's depend on the situation and my mood.
eggg
Always my side. I guess I occasionally pass out on my back if I'm lying down that way when I pretty tired, but that's never intentional. I don't think I've ever fallen asleep on my stomach. It's tougher on my neck than on my breathing though..
Psycho_X52
It's like this: 75-80% on my stomach (70% facing away from any lightsource)
and the rest on sides.
I cand never lay on my back... I fell asleep easier, but I wake up with a headache. I can't even wath a suspended TV more than 30 mins.
endless
i sleep on my stomach, with my head resting on my right arm, kinda hard to explain :\

well i try to

on stomach, legs wide, head tilted sideways and resting on my right arm, right arm in front, left arm just hangin'around
Psycho_X52
When I sleep on my arm, it 'fells asleep' because blood can't flow... . It happened two times when I couldn't move my arm....it was like an object...freaky.
cLean
wooo i love sleep makes me sleeppy talking about it... i sleep neway execpt my arm under my head or body b/c the socket cup is torn preety bad sooo i got to sleep with arms down cant put arms under pillow under more I MISS THAT SO MUCH my gurls get mad b/c i cant put my arm under her pillow.. rawr... need therapy
exarkun
i will lie on my side plus curl up. It maks me comfortable somehow.
filet
My sleeping position-it varies. Either on my back or sideways and hugging big fat pillow.
Fire Boar
What a strange topic! I sleep on my stomach, with my face to the side (right or left, variable throughout the night).
ashish2005
When I was a kid I used to lay down on my stomach while sleeping but now my position varies. I sleep on my side, on my stomach and on my back. Actually I change my positions a lot while sleeping until I finally sleep. Even after sleeping people tell me that I am moving all the time (even talking) and when I wake up I find myself in a totally different position.
endless
exarkun wrote:
i will lie on my side plus curl up. It maks me comfortable somehow.

you mean on your side, and kinda making a ball form, i do that sometimes ^^
rightclickscott
My preferred way is on my back. It's much easier to jerk it that way.

Also, sleeping on my side gives me extreme muscle spasms in my legs during the night, which aren't very nice. Usually, the pain is so bad that it lasts for days.
Vlien
It was not really clear to me whether you mean the way you are lying as you wake up, or right before you fall asleep. I start out on my side but wake up on my back Very Happy
Zombie
My sleeping position depends upon the alignment of the moon with the north star, with the added factor of the relative humidity in Chicago. But seriously, how is this question even remotely important. I mean, it's like me asking you if you clip the toenails on your left or right foot first. But, for the record it varies.
eku53ru
I normally lay on my right side (since I'd be facing away from the window in the morning), but it depends on the situation. I may lay on my back if something is keeping me from laying on my sides, and vice versa. Why do I like sleeping on my side? From past experience with my covers/blankets, I'm the warmest when I have my blankets bundled on top of me when I'm on my side--that's all. XD
pet-virus
On the stomach ftw!
divinitywolf
yup i sleep mostly on my stomach although i do like sleeping on my side.
I find sleeping on my back rather uncomfortable and never like doing it.
charisco
I sleep on my stomach with my head lying on either side, whichever side my head is on that hand is down at my side and my opposite hand is under my pillow, and that leg is bent up towards my body. Yeah I know it sounds weird, but man is it comfortable!!
babumuchhala
Well I don't completely sleep on my stomach, but with my hand under my head and my rolled over to the left side by about 70%.
asim
i sleep on my stomach.... with my head on right side..., but sometimes i lay on my back.... i also sometimes lay sideways....
JBotAlan
I think the way I sleep has to do with my infancy--my mother used to lay me face down on top of her stomach (bad, *bad* idea for future reference...I thank God she never rolled over...) when I would not sleep, and I fell asleep in a heartbeat.

So now, I sleep face down, arms above my head. Sometimes, if I'm really cold, I'll lay on my side all curled up, but usually not.

JBot
unknownc1c
i mostly lie on my stomach, sometimes i do lay on my side. I read an article some where talking about how the way you sleep relates to your personality. Laying on your back is suppost to be more of a bold/daring personality i think, and if your curled up on your side it's an insecure personality. Those are the only two i really remember from that article, it was a while ago.
tony
I myself do lay on my back at first but then will often shift.

i prefer mostly to lie on my stomach. somehow i feel it is the best way to sleep

but at the same time, ahh lying on my side is so nice!! haha!
Davidgr1200
To all those people who sleep on their stomachs: doesn't your face get pressed into the pillow? How do you breathe? I sleep on my side, sometimes my left side, sometimes my right side. I also tend to change position during the night.
nivre
KatanaSky wrote:
Usually I sleep on my stomach (with my head tilted on the side) but I move around a bit when I sleep.

Some times though, when I am REALLY tired I just pass out laying flat on my back.

I usually end up on my stomach.

yeah same for me...i can't sleep without laying on my stomach...even if i move round the clock on bed, i end on the same position as i have started sleeping
SpellcasterDX
Davidgr1200 wrote:
To all those people who sleep on their stomachs: doesn't your face get pressed into the pillow? How do you breathe? I sleep on my side, sometimes my left side, sometimes my right side. I also tend to change position during the night.

No...we turn our face to the side so we can breathe. However, if my pillow is lumpy or kind of old and squished, my neck'll hurt. But yes we are able to breathe one way or another. Wink
Keziah
I sleep on my stomach, with one arm bent under my head. Very Happy
meet in rio
I usually sleep on my side, loosely curled into a foetal position. I will occasionally sleep on my stomach if I've got a heavy period or pains, but then I need to have my arms tucked under me somehow and usually end up hugging my pillow so as not to kill my chest.

I flail like mad in my sleep, though. I'm the worst bedfellow ever and usually sleeptalk, hit people in the face, roll over, etc.
Afaceinthematrix
It varies. I've been told from observers that I move around a lot. I also have my own evidence of that because I always fall asleep one way and wake up another. I don't like sleeping on back that much, though. I like sleeping on my stomach and side, mostly.
Bathamos
I usually sleep only after yelling at all of my online friends to go to sleep. XD
And getting yelled at in return. X3
We all need our bloody sheeps. XD

I can't lay on my back for long. =\ I get really sharp pain through my upper back and spine if I do.

I sleep on my tummy with my head to the left. X3
Either that or laying on my face with my butt up in the air. XD
ranker
I lay on every side, It depends on if I think its comfortable. But I usually lie on my stomach. And I voted It Varies! But the most comfortable is to sleep with a covering over myself, or else I cant sleep Sad. But sometimes I can without covering Very Happy
bulek
I almost always sleep on my stomach, it's just the most comfortable for me and I can get asleep very fast. I have so strange feeling if I lay on back, I just can't get asleep, unless I'm drunk of course Razz I think that sleeping on side isn't good for spinal column, unless you have very good couch witch gives a very good support for spinal column. It's also very strange feeling if you lay on arm and you think that it's dead when you wake up. Smile