FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

To speak one's mind

Idoru
I was writing in another topic, when the thought struck me, and I formed it as a question. Would you be comfortable
to speak out every thought that passes through your head?

I find myself rather open and honest, but on this question my answer would be a quick and direct NO, and thinking
about mindreading kind of scares me. Not that my thoughts are that bad, but still, kind of mine. How do you feel
about it?
Psycho_X52
If I know that someone reads my ming only bad words would travel through my ming... like in 'Dexter's lab' Smile
MrBlueSky
Psycho_X52 wrote:
If I know that someone reads my ming only bad words would travel through my ming... like in 'Dexter's lab' Smile

Yes, that's probably what will happen. When you know someone reads your mind, or hears your thoughts, you don't want to have 'bad' thoughts. And when you don't want to have bad thoughts, you will have them. It's like trying not to think about a pink elephant: as long as you try not to think about a pink elephant you will have a pink elephant on your mind.

Anyway, whether you have bad thoughts or not, it is like walking on the streets naked. You feel emberassed, even if you have nothing to be ashamed about and you know everybody kind of looks the same naked. Or when somebody sees you poop: there is nothing wrong with pooping and everybody does it, but you just don't want anybody seeing you do it.
Aless
"One's" mind, not "once" mind. Not to be picky, but that's what's running through my mind right now!! Razz

But anyway, that is why one of my favorite books is Catcher in the Rye. The entire novel is basically like a stream of consciousness, and that's what makes it so interesting.
woundedhealer
I knew someone who had brain damage through an RTA. It left him unable tp keep his thoughts to himself, he had to say aloud whatever came into his mind. If he saw a fat person he would blurt out he/shes fat. The strange thing is he would notice, and verbalise, negative atributes.

As for reading peoples minds, I was taught it's bad manners to do so, but there are times when I can't help it. As for only reading bad thoughts, it depends a lot on a persons emotions, the stonger the emotion the easier the thoughts come through.
adeydas
Idoru wrote:
I was writing in another topic, when the thought struck me, and I formed it as a question. Would you be comfortable
to speak out every thought that passes through your head?

I find myself rather open and honest, but on this question my answer would be a quick and direct NO, and thinking
about mindreading kind of scares me. Not that my thoughts are that bad, but still, kind of mine. How do you feel
about it?

i think everybody needs a certain bit of privacy, if that's not given to them they will simply go mad. so ya... even i am scared of mind reading!!!
Vrythramax
I can only speak for myself, but it seems that everytime I am open and honest and speak what's really on my mind...I get into trouble. Some things are better left unsaid...ex. your girlfriend asks if she is getting fat (and she is)...you better lie quickly or you'll be sleeping alone for a loooong time. Wink
snigna
If people can read my mind, they'll probably run away from me Very Happy
RubySlasher
If people could hear all my thoughts, they'd probably be highly offended.
theem
and i don't think anyone can read whats in my mind ...

maybe i've neverhad this experience thats why.. Rolling Eyes
Idoru
Aless wrote:
"One's" mind, not "once" mind. Not to be picky, but that's what's running through my mind right now!! Razz

Nothing picky about it Smile
Thx, n' sorry. Went a bit fast there. Laughing Fixed.

RubySlasher wrote:

If people could hear all my thoughts, they'd probably be highly offended.

Oh yes, and so would you, lol

Vrythramax wrote:

I can only speak for myself, but it seems that everytime I am open and honest and speak what's really on my mind...I get into trouble. Some things are better left unsaid...ex. your girlfriend asks if she is getting fat (and she is)...you better lie quickly or you'll be sleeping alone for a loooong time.

Pretty sure Homer would agree on that if he got it. Laughing