FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

IIS, PHP and Tomcat not cooperating!

kilted1
Looking for some help!

I've got Tomcat installed on my laptop (WinXP Pro, SP2), and running on port 80 when it's up and running. I'm able to get loads of the Java and JSP working without a hassle. That's not the problem.

Before I start recompiling the PHP source to work in Tomcat, I'm trying to get it to work in IIS. That's the problem. I've setup and installed PHP, and modified the security to allow it to be seen by IIS.

I've also shut down Tomcat prior to attempting to run IIS, so they don't step on each other's toes. But once I attempt to even run a simple PHP page (the standard "phpinfo" page, like you see in so many text books), I get the HTTP message of 401.1 - Unauthorized: login failed. That's my problem.

I've gone in and checked to see that I have authority to anonymous login (it's there), the user id that I've got set up for my account is valid (it is).

Anyone have a bright idea to get me out of this mire?
Dustwars9
That is strange. It took me a while to get php up and running on my computer too. You may want to try using apache. It works fine for me and you can find good instructions on the internet for installing php on it.

I am not shure if you are just testing some php scripts or running a webserver. I gave up trying on IIS because it is a free thing that microsoft rarely updates.