FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Looking for a job at this point

thinkfacility
So yeah, I've never had a job, but I'm a college student in the middle of winter break. I think I have about a month and a half to work if I start from this point, but should I be looking for a job? I'm not sure if there are any places willing to hire someone for such a short period of time when they have no experience Sad
kerryworkman
thinkfacility wrote:
So yeah, I've never had a job, but I'm a college student in the middle of winter break. I think I have about a month and a half to work if I start from this point, but should I be looking for a job? I'm not sure if there are any places willing to hire someone for such a short period of time when they have no experience Sad

You might try looking for something that is seasonal, and dosen't require any experience. There are alot of business that spring up just for the holidays and then dissapear right around the new year. The only real problem is that alot of them are kind of crappy jobs that don't pay a whole lot. Good luck I hope you find something, it sucks to be a broke college student.
adeydas
try the BPO industry. they are always in need of english speaking young professionals. so if you are proficient in english and don't mind working at odd hours, give it a try. the salary there is pretty good but go only for well known companies 'coz some of them don't pay up in time!

happy job hunting!!!
jharsika
It might be good not to mention how long you plan on working at a place, a lot of companies don't enjoy spending the time and money to train someone who's leaving soon.

Call centres are good to work at, they pay well, aren't very picky, and usually have a turn over rate of 3 months or so(ie after three months you'll go crazy and quit or they'll fire you!!). They're really good on resumes too!

If all else fails, fast food doesn't pay well but it's the easiest kind of work to get and keep. They're very temporary too.

Good luck!
Kelcey
Yeah I think you're out of luck just for winter break...
kerryworkman
One of my favorite temporary jobs was working as a waiter, although they usually prefer experience, it is not always necessary. The best thing about it is the cash daily, if you are nice and can b.s. a little you can make really good tips (depending on where you are located). As far as the whole not having experience thing, you might consider lying. I normally wouldn't recommend that because if they catch you in a lie that is grounds for termination, but you are only looking for temporary work. So hopefully by the time they catch on it will be too late. Good luck again, I hope you find something.
cloudship
investment banks recruit internship student in winter and summer vacations. However, they do the selection in the spring and autumn seasons. Try to look for a partime job in you local partime information supplier. Good luck.