FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help with Creating New Website Please?

xyberz
Ok, I've been playing around with too many HTML editors and trying to learn to much HTML and really getting nowhere fast when it comes to making my webpage for my business.
Hopefully this community can help me by referring me good companies or point me into the right direction and hopefully quickly please.

I have a product that I want to sell online. It's only one so I guess I might not need an eStore because I can just use Paypal to take payments.

Maybe listing what I want to do would help give better suggestions:

1. Looking for a company that is good, reliable and reasonably priced to help me create my website.
2. I have an idea of what I want the page to look like and operate. I was thinking a webpage with frames but then heard that that type of page creates havoc for search engines. So what other suggestions are there? CSS? XHTML? I really don't know what's the latest info and best method out there today.
3. Looking to make my webpage easily searchable by most if not all the search engines in the US.
4. Make sure I have what's called "tags" I guess to make sure that my webpage gets to the top of search engines when keywords are input by the user.
5. Suggestion of if using my own Shopping Cart eStore would be better than just using straight Paypal?

Hopefully this is enough info to help get the suggestions started. Please let me know if there's any other info I can provide to help give an easier solution.

Thanks to everyone in this great forum for your help!

Also anyone have any tips with the iFrame code and search engines? Do they work well together?
ddoonie
I cannot answer all your questions, but i will say that you should take another stab at creating your own website. I am a novice, with no programming knowledge, but you can use editors such as Dreamweaver to complete the task... My workflow was simple. I designed my pages in Photoshop, sliced them up, saved for the web (html plus images). I then imported to dreamweaver, created templates with my menu to avoid having to manually update all my links on all my pages at a later date. Then published with dreamweaver. I know this is probably not the 'best' way nor most professional, but it served its purpose for me. The hardest part i think, is coming up with a design. Use CSS styles via dreamweaver, and that was about it for me... Yes not the most advanced nor cutting edge site, but i just wanted a great looking and functioning site. I didnt require extensive flash etc... I guess it also depends to whom you are catering.

Hope i was at least of some help

Darryl
FunDa
But if you want to put your own shopping cart and stuff on your website and want to make sure search engines see you, it is better to take help.

There may be other people on this forum too who would be willing to help you make the site. Sorry I'm not very good at this stuff.

Try searching for shopping cart scripts too.
imagefree
pm'd
adeydas
xyberz wrote:
Ok, I've been playing around with too many HTML editors and trying to learn to much HTML and really getting nowhere fast when it comes to making my webpage for my business.
Hopefully this community can help me by referring me good companies or point me into the right direction and hopefully quickly please.

I have a product that I want to sell online. It's only one so I guess I might not need an eStore because I can just use Paypal to take payments.

Maybe listing what I want to do would help give better suggestions:

1. Looking for a company that is good, reliable and reasonably priced to help me create my website.
2. I have an idea of what I want the page to look like and operate. I was thinking a webpage with frames but then heard that that type of page creates havoc for search engines. So what other suggestions are there? CSS? XHTML? I really don't know what's the latest info and best method out there today.
3. Looking to make my webpage easily searchable by most if not all the search engines in the US.
4. Make sure I have what's called "tags" I guess to make sure that my webpage gets to the top of search engines when keywords are input by the user.
5. Suggestion of if using my own Shopping Cart eStore would be better than just using straight Paypal?

Hopefully this is enough info to help get the suggestions started. Please let me know if there's any other info I can provide to help give an easier solution.

Thanks to everyone in this great forum for your help!

Also anyone have any tips with the iFrame code and search engines? Do they work well together?

here's answers to your questions step by step:

Quote:

there are tons, just do a google search and you will find it.

Quote:

frames can be really painful for search engines. you may try using PHP, JSP or Ajax instead.

Quote:

to make it top the search engines you have to do the following things:

1. write well made content with keywords of importance in plenty.
2. use text content as much as possible instead of flash or images.
3. submit your site to different directories and search engines.
4. get your site linked from other sites.

Quote:

you can put meta data containing keywords on your every page. however, many search engines now prefer to rate the content of the page over meta data.

Quote:

if its one product, paypal is more than enough but e-commerce sites always looked a bit more professional.

hope this helps!!!