FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what is the best way to get domain names

etrnlevil
i've been working on developing a site lately, and it'd be nice to have a domain name go along with it. i've looked all around for free domain names, but that's almost impossible to find. i've noticed people posting about forums that you get domain names for certain amounts of posts, so i'm asking, what's the best site to use to get a free .com domain, without them stealing my identity or spamming me, or not delivering etc...
SonLight
Dot com domains are well worth the eight to ten dollars per year they normally sell for. If you expect to get one for free, you will probably find the price too high in the long run. Of course, you might be at the right place at the right time and be lucky.

My suggestion is to look at the uni.cc domains. They have been giving them away for several years with no strings attached. Of course it's not top level, but still very reasonable. I haven't checked them in a while, so they may have more restrictions now. When I last looked, you could probably have got a short one like gravy.uni.cc.
dude_xyx
etrnlevil wrote:
i've been working on developing a site lately, and it'd be nice to have a domain name go along with it. i've looked all around for free domain names, but that's almost impossible to find. i've noticed people posting about forums that you get domain names for certain amounts of posts, so i'm asking, what's the best site to use to get a free .com domain, without them stealing my identity or spamming me, or not delivering etc...

you can register a domain since its just 7 USD. If you want to register domains without using your credit card , paypal then the best way is forum money. I can recommend namepros, there you can complete other members offers like posting and social bookmarking and use that to register domains. namepros is a reseller of enom so you own the domain and you can register it by yr self. Also you can transfer it to another registrar or push it to someone else just like at any other registrar.
b4r4t
You can get free domain but it will cost You a little time (less then month).
Just register on ddboard.com and write posts to earn points. Than just "buy" domain for this points. The regiostrar will be domain right now.
This forum is 100% good, I've got 3 domains from there, I can request 3 more .com's but I don't need them now Smile
If You want a free domain this is a good choise.
You can even re-new domain for ddpoints, and register it for multiple years (just You haver to earn points to do that).
k_s_baskar
Just spend few dollors. This is be the right choice to hold a domain completly in your name. You won't the complete domain holder if you got it without spending money.
in long view you will be having the following draw backs.
1. You can't transfer the domain to some other registrar bcoz you won't have any control panel to transfer it
2. the domain name will be registred in the name of firm which is giving you for free it won't be favour to you

So my suggestion is going for domain by spending few dollors. gud luck
Smile
b4r4t
k_s_baskar wrote:
Just spend few dollors. This is be the right choice to hold a domain completly in your name. You won't the complete domain holder if you got it without spending money.
in long view you will be having the following draw backs.
1. You can't transfer the domain to some other registrar bcoz you won't have any control panel to transfer it
2. the domain name will be registred in the name of firm which is giving you for free it won't be favour to you

So my suggestion is going for domain by spending few dollors. gud luck
Smile

Now ... on ddboard You have to make Your own domain right now account, then when You request Your domain on forum Your domain will be transfered to Your own domain account.
That means , that this domain is 100% Yours, You can do whatever You like with it (delete, transfer to other registrar, sell), and all domain info is your personal data.
It's like buying your own domain but not spending cash Smile
win66
yes, the best way is to buy a domain name by paying just a litter money. You get no hassle forever instead of looking on free domain. There are many places offer domain name in low price, one of the example is mydomain.com which offer a domain at only $7.60 if you insert a coupon code. The code that I got is " htmli.info " which will give you 15% off. 7.60 / 12 is less than $0.65 per month. It's worth for your $$