FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

India Tests a Ballistic Missile!

MadeinIndia
India tested a ballistic missile capable of hitting targets up to 6,000 kilometres (3,800 miles) away.

Such a distance would nearly double the military's current strike range, putting targets even in Europe within reach, and came one day after neighbouring Pakistan tested a nuclear capable cruise missile.

India will also have a missile shield in place by 2010 to protect India from incoming missile that could be fired by Pakistan or China, making India part of a very select countries in the world with this capability!!

India is poised to become one of the greatest economies of the world and also a military power! The world's largest democracy is finally becoming a force to reckon with in Information Technology, Military, Space, Education etc!

India is Shining!
Da Rossa
Pakistan, be aware!! Very Happy
MadeinIndia
Pakistan is much better threat to India if it is unstable which it is very much now after Benazir's death. Whatever missiles India has will not protect it from thousands of crazy militants. So whats the solution?
AftershockVibe
Sources?

I'm not convinced about the missile shield bit... the US and major NATO countries have been trying to do that for ages but still haven't managed. The problem is that the missiles needed to be detected before they could be shot down so to protect western europe they needed installations in the Balkans which China and Russia did not like.
yagnyavalkya
Is there a need for ballistic missile for India
when millions are going hungry in the country
India is importing wheat and testing ballistic missile may be they would be better off funneling more funds in food research rather than wasting time in ballistic missile research
actually PAL is not a threat at all since there is always infighting in PAK and actually US is more thinning of India as threat and it will be happy if India speeds more money in war rather than peace time research as you know all these wasted research will have a say on the economy and US will be happy
misterXY
im with yagnyavalkya and AftershockVibe,
no sources = no liability
& why in Earth would india even need such a thing?
Like who cares about india, Pak's forever!
cybernytrix
China simply used the disguise of satellite launching to conceal it's efforts in developing a ballistic missile. I think India should be smart and do the same and not be so open about such things.
We must strategize what our friends know and what our enemies know about us and not keep blurintg out things as they are (in other words learn to lie opportunistically!)
rshanthakumar
No one can be believed and no one can be ignored. Every country has to protect itself from foreign aggression. There has to be some money spent in defending oneself. Unfortunately when others are spending billions into it, one needs to spend at least millions to keep abreast. India has to spend on technologies and developing its own defense mechanisms. Even if one country in the world were to equip itself, others need to.
isledepoba
Without a source,
I don't see this as valid
however, it might be true...
MadeinIndia
Today Pakistan has announced that its nukes are pretty safe even if they fall in the hands of extremists as both the delivery systems and the nukes are kept seperately and they can abort the mission till the last second!

I pretty much doubt the veracity of these claims as Pakistan has time and again proved to be very irresponsible in the matters of Nuclear proliferation. It has stole nuclear designs from Canada, then it exported Nuclear technology to North Korea and Libya and I am sure they won't be bothered about gifting the nukes to Taliban and Al-Qaida.

US should call their bluff and the global community should insist that if they want any kind of International assistance, they should destroy all their nuclear arsenal and have a pact with US the same kind Japan has for nuclear protection.
rshanthakumar
Pakistan also has its right to defend itself. We might have to respect that as well. At the same time, they should not fall into the hands of people who could cause damages to the man kind as a whole and its own survival could become a question.

It is a tricky balance really. And very difficult to identify which of these guys are trustable! I doubt whether the Americans are trustable in the first place. They are the only people in the world who have used an Atom bomb on another set of people unnecessarily. It is a well known fact that the Japanese would have surrendered even without the A-bomb.
justinrocks
Are we 'humanbeing' the superior livelihood on earth? I don't think so because no bird or animal has any border or line of control as its territory. They can go anywhere in this world as they want but its sad that we humanbeing have this curse on us have to live bound to the borders.

Why all these Visa, Passport and what not... Can we not be as free as birds, will be able go to any country as we want to ... Why do I need permission of anyone when I simply want to visit a part of this world.

Why I have to bound to all sort of stupid laws just because I born on a specific country? I don't consider this as freedom. This so called freedom is only a restricted freedom with all kind of laws taking out cream out of my freedom.

Yes, its possible to visit any country by applying for a vista but my question is why this process? Why I can't go to any country just with my passport for identity. Oh yes, people may just go to any country but whats wrong in it?

By birth I belog to this world and I can decide where I have to live without any immigration process ... Am I Wrong?
MadeinIndia
Well, thats the ideal situation but with so many races, backgrounds it is absolutely impossible to unite people.

And also, some nations are hard working while some are lazy. While the hard working nations make money, the lazy nation people will just migrate to the other countries and further destroy those countries.

Religion is the biggest root cause of problems in this world. But a beginning has been made. Europe started the process of giving all its citizens access everywhere.

But you can't give Muslim nations free access to ur countries. That's inviting trouble and importing the terrorists enmasse.
liljp617
yagnyavalkya wrote:
Is there a need for ballistic missile for India
when millions are going hungry in the country
India is importing wheat and testing ballistic missile may be they would be better off funneling more funds in food research rather than wasting time in ballistic missile research
actually PAL is not a threat at all since there is always infighting in PAK and actually US is more thinning of India as threat and it will be happy if India speeds more money in war rather than peace time research as you know all these wasted research will have a say on the economy and US will be happy

Is there a need for one for any country? Not particularly. It's nothing more than a deterrent. People are going to starve whether they make the missiles or not.

justinrocks wrote:
Are we 'humanbeing' the superior livelihood on earth? I don't think so because no bird or animal has any border or line of control as its territory. They can go anywhere in this world as they want but its sad that we humanbeing have this curse on us have to live bound to the borders.

Why all these Visa, Passport and what not... Can we not be as free as birds, will be able go to any country as we want to ... Why do I need permission of anyone when I simply want to visit a part of this world.

Why I have to bound to all sort of stupid laws just because I born on a specific country? I don't consider this as freedom. This so called freedom is only a restricted freedom with all kind of laws taking out cream out of my freedom.

Yes, its possible to visit any country by applying for a vista but my question is why this process? Why I can't go to any country just with my passport for identity. Oh yes, people may just go to any country but whats wrong in it?

By birth I belog to this world and I can decide where I have to live without any immigration process ... Am I Wrong?

There aren't evil birds that wish to kill others for no particular reason. There aren't evil animals that could intentionally spread a disease like airborne smallpox and kill millions or billions. Countries do not have unlimited resources; to allow immigration to go 100% unchecked is allowing the downfall of whatever nation you may be. There aren't crazy animals who want to strap bombs on themselves and run into buildings packed with people. Animals do not have political motives, they do not have imperialistic mindsets in the fashion that humans do. Animals aren't particularly aware (I would assume) that this planet has quite limited resources; humans do realize that and those who have hold of them have control and power over the entire world. Humans need power and control...it's simply human nature to want to have control over what occurs in relation to yourself. To leave every border in the world wide open would require a single international government that could have jurisdiction over everyone; something that will most likely never come close to happening.

To think the way you do, you live in an incredibly idealistic world. The world has basically always had borders when it comes to humans civilization. It's not going to change, and for quite good reasons.

MadeinIndia wrote:
But you can't give Muslim nations free access to ur countries. That's inviting trouble and importing the terrorists enmasse.

I believe it would be wise to point out there are 1.5 billion Muslims in the world...only an extremely small minority have Fundamentalist views and are willing to carry out actions related to a group like Al-Qaeda. I'm sure you realize that (or I hope you do); just thought the difference should be pointed out for those who read it and take it the wrong way.
Coclus
Well this point of being able to defend from pakistan is very doubtful: Even the us don not have this kind of technology, their system just works on beautiful, quiet days Wink and against short range missiles, that pakistan would definitely use if they would attack india, no technology can do anything against!