FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Meta Tags

Possum
Hi

Are Meta Tags on your site useful to search engine..Especially google

Cheers Possum..
imagefree
yes ofcourse. Meta Tags are specially for search engines and bots and help determine which type of contents the page contain.
Peterssidan
Google doesn't use the meta tags very much.
The description meta tag can be used to show that text in the SERP. I don't think it's affect your ranking.Meta tags is to easy to manipulate so therefore they most likely not give any value.
imagefree
Peterssidan wrote:
Google doesn't use the meta tags very much.
The description meta tag can be used to show that text in the SERP. I don't think it's affect your ranking.Meta tags is to easy to manipulate so therefore they most likely not give any value.

Google search give due importance to meta tags. Meta Tags are are powerful way to determine page contents. Even at some sites i have seen that even if a page contains a lot of keywords, all the keywords are repeated again in the meta tags. This is because that the first target of a search engine is Meta tags (if not the name of the site).
Peterssidan
When I thought that we talked about the <meta> tag but maybe title and other tags are meta tags too. Is that the case? Then I agree.
imagefree
its just

<meta ***********************************> tag.
Peterssidan
then I disagree.
georgekalathil
meta tags are useful for different search engines in different ways..
dude_xyx
Well you see in Google result page as description , what you have in meta description tag. Also when you use your keywords and key word phrases in mata tags it increase the key word density of your page. of it helps your Google serp indirectly.
georgekalathil
If you are using meta tags, use it properly. Avoid using duplicate meta tags. The Meta tags should be unique in all the pages. If you cannot follow these, better avoid the meta tags fully from your site..
manumiglani
You can increase your CTR using meta description tag.
Possum
Hi

Thx for the Advice I will use the Meta Description Tag from now on

Cheers Possum..