FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

G phone

markblu
hey does anybody have any idea what's going on with the gphone? the song that is supposed to be from Google with a Java interface and great web browsing capability. I heard it's supposed to be better than the iPhone from Apple. I wonder why Apple thinks about this. A phone service from Google would be the best thing to happen in a million years. What does everyone think?
FunDa
Gphone is not a phone.

Atleast not a hardware device. Google is releasing a Google OS for mobiles. Like Symbian .

It is called Android. So, I guess they will just let other celphone companies to use Android also instead of Symbian or Windows Mobile or iPhoneOS or whatever is else is being used now.

I don't think it will make much of a difference unless a lot of good hones come with Android. Then we can see a lot of open source software coming up for the Google OS.

Soon cellphones will be like computers with the ability to boot multiple OSes Rolling Eyes
aningbo
FunDa wrote:
Gphone is not a phone.

Atleast not a hardware device. Google is releasing a Google OS for mobiles. Like Symbian .

It is called Android. So, I guess they will just let other celphone companies to use Android also instead of Symbian or Windows Mobile or iPhoneOS or whatever is else is being used now.

I don't think it will make much of a difference unless a lot of good hones come with Android. Then we can see a lot of open source software coming up for the Google OS.

Soon cellphones will be like computers with the ability to boot multiple OSes Rolling Eyes

yeah i hope we could have multiple OS like computers... Google, we are waiting for it. btw, iPhone is a completely different phone. dont even think about comparing it with any otherz
FunDa
iPhone was good in its concept, but as a phone it's not that great. Once everyone else starts using the multi-touch technology on more open platforms like Nokia does, the iPhone will drown in the competition.

It was the first to use the concept, but the phone should have been more open to all