FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Three Cornered War - John Dalmas

basementgamesltd
Hey all,

This book is part of a series of books, with this being the last.

This book tied up the loose ends of the previous books in the series, but did leave a feeling that there should be more. It's ending is like that of other series I have read, where what purports to be the last book seemed to finish on a flat note. It is as if the author is bored and tired with the whole project and wants to "just wrap it up."
With John Dalmas, and with this series, that is not a fatal flaw. It injects a tinge of disappointment, however. I sure wish and hope that there will be more, and that the author would further develop the theme of the Tzel, and the different way the Iryalans are developing, and what that might mean. (huff, puff, huff) (Sorry for the run-on sentences.)

Despite my "criticism" I found the book a very satisfying and fun read. I had no difficulty with "new" characters injected. I did find some of the situations contrived, but for Pete's sake! what "Space Opera" isn't contrived?

Get the book. It is cheaper than paying to see another crummy offering of bilge from the nimrods in Hollywood.

Keep it real...