FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

HTML Emails...

ddoonie
I have yet to create a true html email, and believe i will be doing so shortly. I have been asked to create a holiday greeting card to mailed out to clients. I believe i understand the basics, that i can basically create a webpage, upload it to my ftp. The question i have is in regards to distributing it. The person requesting this uses outlook, and I OS X Mail. I know how i can cheat on the mac, by basically viewing the card/site with safari and then selecting email contents of page. But how would i go about this with outlook? Am i better off doing it this way on my mac, then when this person has it, forward it to their contacts?

What sizes do you generally use? Being that mail apps use smaller viewing screens, i figured around 750 wide would be sufficient...

Thanks for your help in advance!

Darryl
GB
I would do it however you're most comfortable with. I would like to know how to do this though. I use Entourage on my Mac, never used Mail and although I've never had to email something like this, it would be nice to know how to do.
ddoonie
well, i dont know if i do it the 'proper' way, but I essentially build what i want in photoshop. From there i slice it, and save or web. I import it in Dreamweaver, and eventually publish it on my website. With Safari, i navigate to this page, go to email contents of page, and my Mail app opens up. From there it is now an html email... If you need more help let me know!