FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help In ASSEMBLY Language

What Programming Language Do U use ??
Assembly
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Visual Basic
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Java
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
C
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
C++
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
NoT iNtErEsTeD
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

hellrahul
HI!
I am Rahul. I want to learn ASSEMBLY language.
I have got a book but don't know how to initialise. what software(debugger or may be compiler) do I need etc.

Plz Tell me what is the best software for Assembly.

I wanna know what is debugger? plz tell me.
Defsanguje
Grimboy
Good assemblers depend on your target. I would recomend GAS the GNU assembler as it supports lots of targets this is part of the binutils package witch is part of another package ported to windows that can be obtained at http://www.gnu.org/software/m68hc11/m68hc11_pkg_zip.html. That is a bit compilated to setup. The nintendo has quite a simple language set, and this assembler has a nice IDE lookit.

Also I'm not to sure about Defsanguje's definition de-bug means the operation of removing bugs. As Wikipedia puts it:
Quote:
A debugger is a computer program that is used to debug (and sometimes test or optimize) other programs.

When the program crashes, the debugger shows the position in the original code if it is a source-level debugger or symbolic debugger, commonly seen in integrated development environments. If it is a low-level debugger or a machine-language debugger it shows the line in the disassembly. (A "crash" happens when the program can't continue because of a programming bug. For example, perhaps the program tried to use an instruction not available on the current version of the CPU.)

Typically, debuggers also offer more sophisticated functions such as running a program step by step (single-stepping), stopping (breaking) (pausing the program to examine the current state) at some kind of event, and tracking the values of some variables. Some debuggers have the ability to modify the state of the program while it is running, rather than merely to observe it.

rest of article