FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My Glass Art Website (with updated photo gallery)

Satori
Please check out my site. I make all of the art myself. I made the site mostly myself (I do use a few scripts I didn't write...but the rest was me.)

More artwork is on the way. I realize the pickings are slim at the moment! Check back frequently to see what's new.

Please give me some feedback as to what you think!

Thanks!
sambhav
Nice work and nice site.....Cheers.........Carry on your good work.
Satori
Anyone else??
ftv_flung
I like it.

Nice, fluid design. Easy to read.

Cool Wink
SamiTheBerber
Nice site like I said in an old thread. The gallery is new and your works are great Smile
Insanity
I like the overall layout and design, but your text looks abnormally large; did you want it that way? It's easier to read, of course, but it looks a bit odd. Also, to be nitpicky, your banner can use some smoothing out -- it's a bit rough around the edges (especially around the letters, you can see jagged edges). Nice work overall, though.
Satori
Thanks everyone for your replies!

Insanity wrote:
I like the overall layout and design, but your text looks abnormally large; did you want it that way? It's easier to read, of course, but it looks a bit odd. Also, to be nitpicky, your banner can use some smoothing out -- it's a bit rough around the edges (especially around the letters, you can see jagged edges). Nice work overall, though.

I did not mean to make the text abnormally large...and it doesn't look that way on my computer. I suppose I should check it out on some other computers as well (and probably also mess with my display settings.)

I do know that the banner needs some work, and in fact have been looking into getting myself some imaging software to do just that (that banner was one I made myself in paint...haha) I also have found a neato script called "nifty corners" that will actually use javascript to round any corners you want without images. I'm looking into implementing it on my site, as it would remove the need for a number of gifs and css and clean up the corners on the banner as well.

Great feedback by the way! I really appreciate it!

Anyone else got anything for me?
imagefree
absolutely funtastic works.
i really appreciate your efforts.
benjad
looks really good... Has just the right amount of text, and images. Loads quickly, and looks good!

Didn't you say you were going to add a shopping cart? Are you going to make a custom one, or looking for a CMS solution.
Satori
benjad wrote:
looks really good... Has just the right amount of text, and images. Loads quickly, and looks good!

Didn't you say you were going to add a shopping cart? Are you going to make a custom one, or looking for a CMS solution.

Thanks!

I am planning to add a shopping cart, though I haven't been able to find one that works for me. I tried to use CRE loaded without any luck. I've considered using paypal carts, but they don't have an option to sell unique items in a shopping cart format. If I went with paypal, I'd have to use "buy it now" buttons which create multiple transactions if one wants to buy more than one item. Less than ideal, but so far my only working option. I might use them as a temporary fix until I find something more suitable.

You have any ideas for me shopping cart wise?

Anyone else have ideas/opinions?
benjad
I have yet to get to try out any of the shopping cart packages... there are a lot out there, so I will defer to others.

The one thing I can contribute is DO NOT USE PAYPAL. This company is as close to criminal as possible without stepping over the line. I would not trust them, nor will I ever let them have any access to anything involving me again. There are many other people who think the same way I do.
furtasacra
The site looks nice, and loads quickly. And those pendants are just beyond gorgeous. Be sure and make some notification when you get the shopping cart situation sorted out so I can send my friends to you!
thewebkid
Nice looking turtles, I could never do that.
Satori
furtasacra wrote:
The site looks nice, and loads quickly. And those pendants are just beyond gorgeous. Be sure and make some notification when you get the shopping cart situation sorted out so I can send my friends to you!

Thanks! I will certainly make a post when I figure out a shopping cart...though it could be a while. Sadly, it's not something that seems as easy as I would think it should be.

Please feel free to let your friends know anyway, as you can still purchase work off the website by contacting me via the contact page.

thewebkid wrote:
Nice looking turtles, I could never do that.

Don't be so sure! It just takes the right tools and some practice! If it's something you're interested in, I bet you can find a class to take near where you live. That would give you a taste of what it's all about and you could judge for yourself if it's something you really enjoy. Never say never!

Anyone else have comments/thoughts?
furtasacra
I actually already told a few people about your site, for purely selfish reasons... it was a bit before my birthday, and I wanted a turtle.

If nobody else gets me one, I'll buy one for myself, dammit. After I get my other bills paid down. I consider good jewelry a minor necessity. Smile