FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you see people differently if they smoke?

_moo_
Simple question really?

I'll be the first to say I see people in a bad way if they smoke, especially if they're young.

People know all about the dangers of smoking, we;ve seen the ads, we know the effects, so why do people slowly kill themselves!?

And why do a lot of people have the cheek to smoke right beside non-smokers and kill them too!!

Cool

So do you think of smokers differently?
doppleganger
that way other people should be seeing at u differently for not smoking

frankly it is their life and how and what they do with it is their choice

so why do u have a problem with it

you take care of your life instead of interfering with theirs
loryl
Yes, it's a life choice. Smokers believe in that. They also believe that no one should limit them from their choices.

Just... some life choices are more stupid than others and effect other people.

No, I don't think of smokers differently, but I do stay further away from them. Wink
thewebkid
I don't really see people differently, I just see that they are wasting valuable time and health on something that allows them to die faster. We are all going to die, but there isn't any excuse to purposely destroy your own body for the good of a feeling or taste or popularity.
poly
Yeah I guess they make a different first impression, especially if they blow smoke in your face the first time you ever see them;)
Aures
I think, yeah. People that smoke stink. Razz
driftingfe3s
I don't see smoking as a big deal. I don't smoke, so as long as they smoke away from me then I'm fine with it.
RubySlasher
I usually don't look at smokers to know. I usually cover my hair, hold my breath, and quickly run past them.
tahoestyle
Only when the smoke gets blown towards me all the while the smoker(s) has no sense of care how the smoke affects other people - Kinda like I am a smoker so deal with it attitude - Ya, blah - First thought that comes to my head is to give them stride bubblegum
Kelvin
I don't look at them differently but sometimes feel that they give a different impression on others who don't smoke. I however hate those that don't know how to read signs and still smoke in places that have a CLEAR no smoking sign especially in restaurants. They spoil your appetite and is a real nuisance. People who do that are:

1.) Dumb - don't even know how to read signs
2.) Inconceited - don't care about those around them
3.) Have a death wish - smoking during/right after food is equivalent to smoking 10 sticks of cigarratte
Drawingguy
I don't know, it just seems that they're somehow less wise, even if they weren't particularly wise to begin with. If I see a girl, and I think that she's attractive, if I realized that she was a smoker, she'd seem dirtier and much less attractive in my eyes.
c'tair
Uh, its mighty ... bad if theres so much prejudice against smokers. Just the overall attitude towards them as 'stupid, unhealthy, selfish' is kinda bad because theyre people like everyone else. I dont smoke, or I smoke very very rarly, when Im under extreme stress. But alot of people I know smoke, just yesterday I sat around with a friend of mine in a bar and she smoked like 5 cigarettes, she was in a bad mood, but I didnt really mind it, the only thing that later got me is that my cloths smelled alot and I needed to put them somewhere where theyll be able to stink out all that ... stink =P. However, Im not mad at that friend or anything, sometimes I even acompany her when she needs a smoke in school. I just dont care, but maybe thats just me, I dont care if I live to be 50 or 60 or 70, its 'just' a life, it ends and thats just it. Although, theres a difference between the 'Im so damn cool' kind of smoker to the 'I smoke cause I smoke' smoker, I hate the first ones while the second ones are just plain smokers, people that like smoking for the pleasure of it.
GSIS
I regard smokers as having little self respect and almost no respect for friends, family and other people around them. Those who have a desire to stop, but don't, I see as weak-willed and likely to fail at virtually any difficult goal.

Those who have stopped successfully I have a great deal of respect for. They took on a difficult challenge and beat it.
TBSC
I can't stand second hand smoke. That is what really bothers me about bars. I dont want to have friends who smoke unless they smoke outside and away from me, which is hard if you are friends with them.
rammeh
I don't look at them differently but sometimes feel that they give a different impression on others who don't smoke. I however hate those that don't know how to read signs and still smoke in places that have a CLEAR no smoking sign especially in restaurants. They spoil your appetite and is a real nuisance. People who do that are:

1.) Dumb - don't even know how to read signs
2.) Inconceited - don't care about those around them
3.) Have a death wish - smoking during/right after food is equivalent to smoking 10 sticks of cigarratte

I kinda feel the same way. I especialy hate it if they blow the smoke onto me! It gets me so mad.

p.s. I think my quoting thing is weird.. it doesnt quote but make their post into mine...
redace
Yes definitly. If I see someone with cigarette I think he or she is retarded. Why? Because everyone knows its killing you and everybody normal loves his life. Someone smoking cannot like himself and the others. The worst smokers are parents with small children. That is something like wittingly hurting the loved ones. You can have IQ 160 and still if you smoke you are a little bit silly.
zjosie729
I do see people differently when they smoke.

I sort of pity them, having started smoking and most likely addicted to it. And then I see them as sort of bad too. There's just a picture of their personality that would form in my head when I see people smoke.
pharmacymaster
I'll be the first to say I see people in a bad way if they smoke, especially if they're young.
Coen
I see people in a diffrent way when they smoke. I feel all people start smoking because they want to start, even though they know it is dangerous and is bad for your health. So it does effect how I see them. I think most people that smoke are less bright and that's the view I have of most smokers. A view which I never had to correct so far.
cody4camp
_moo_ wrote:
Simple question really?

People know all about the dangers of smoking, we;ve seen the ads, we know the effects, so why do people slowly kill themselves!?

And why do a lot of people have the cheek to smoke right beside non-smokers and kill them too!!

Cool

So do you think of smokers differently?

exactly, why would you wanna harm yourself by smoking all your doin is stickin a stick in your mouth and inhaleing
dtuyenuct
Don't do that. To be a boy/girl, no one do that!!! Twisted Evil
karrupin
I don't want even to look at them so it is impossible that I will look at them differently^^
See, I don't hate smokers, they have they own rights to choose how they want to live their life,
but I just can't stand the smell and the smoke, I easily get suffocated when got people smoke nearby me ~.~ so I tend to close my nose everytime I passed by a smoker (I know it is rude, but do I have any other choice?)
Keran
It's not that I think differently about them, but I certainly don't like to be near them, because then my jacket always smells as if I was smoking and people assume that I smoke too.
HalfBloodPrince
I don't think that differently about them. It just gives me a bit of a forewarn as to what type of person they are; they know the facts yet they do it, and if they're at a young age (<17) then I'd think this kid doesn't care much about school. I don't know, that's just what comes into my mind.
biljap
Yes, sometimes… I’ll never understand what is so interesting about smoking…
iyepes
Yes, I see smokers different... I see them from far, far away, 'cause I avoid being near them. Smile
TBSC
Yep most people I know who I've discussed this with definitely view smoking as negative, even if they smoke. There is a (new) stigma attached to smoking.

Thankfully, non-smokers are having to take in less and less second hand smoke as the smoking is banned from public areas.

The inconvenience, filth, smell, and money should be enough incentive for people to quit, and more and more people are because of these things.
Winson
I don't see them differently. In fact, I have some friends who smoke and they're very nice guys. Only that I would feel pity for people when they smoke, especially the young ones, for damaging their own health. I'm a supporter of in-house smoking ban, just to be fair to non-smokers like me.

Years back when I was in uni, I had my first smoking experience and couldn't stand it. But I like the scent from smoking people, maybe because my Dad was a heavy smoker when he was young. And he always had this special scent on him.
nivinjoy
I really see people who smokes....I have a kind of hate to those who smoke....My request to those who smoke is that "please don't smoke and kill yourself"....!!!!
Srs2388
I don't see them any different. but i smoke.
I don't smoke enough to matter though just a black and mild every once in awhile.
they are tasty and give you little buzz just do it socially like with friends and stuff..if im upset or stressed.
I don't see the point in the whole pack of cigarettes every day though.
Aiz
To be honest, I don't care if they are smokers, since I know quote a few smokers. However, I hate the smell of cigarette smoke. So it's not like I just "got used to smokers" or anything.

As some mentioned before, yes, it is their own life, they can do what they want with it, even if it's gonna be inhaling slow poison on a regular basis. Who is anyone else to judge? everyone does something that someone out there does not approve of. o.o

Basically, as long as they stay away from me when they smoke, and do not do rude and inconsiderate things like smoking right next to a non-smoker, smoking where it's clearly prohibited, smoking in a confined place with others in the area too (unless they are smokers or said they don't mind of course), etc.

So basically, I only find it (and them) annoying when them smoking negatively affects me or other people directly, otherwise, no.
jsymac
I smoke but I don't like the smell of a smokey room Confused
flowerpower
As a matter of fact, smoking is damaging to health. It's sad that people are so addicted to it. I don't see smokers any differently though. I hate the smell of cigarettes; so awful. I just avoid smoking areas and tell people respectfully to stop smoking because I can't stand it, especially in closed spaces. I think that parents should be careful with their smoking habits. Children look up to them and young ones can take smoking as just another harmless habit. I have a friend who once said that warning about "smoking is bad for health" is crap because her uncle who's a long time smoker is now 80 yrs old and in good health. To every rule there can be exceptions; it does not mean that you can be the exception.
hiquality
I don't see smokers differently... it's their decission...
However i heard that it's not that fun kissing a girl that smokes as she tastes bad...
Ghost Rider103
I don't really look at them differently, but it makes me kind of mad when somone starts smoking right by me, nd blowing it towards me. It often gives the odor onto my coat orshirt, giving the impression to other people that I smoke as well...Which I do not want that.

I always weal colonge, and always have a good smell to me, but even the ciggrettes go past that good smell and make it smell gross.

I don't care if they smoke and reuin their life. Just don't do it where I can smell it and makes me smell like it is all I ask.