FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What's the best PHP Wiki script?

Tiger
I am looking for a good PHP Wiki script that's small and will easily integrate into an existing site without really rewriting any code. I know about the larger packages likes PHPWiki and TikiWiki, but they are not what I am looking for. I also found a snall script that was only about 11K, but it wasn't very useful and didn't look too good either.

I have heard that there are some small scripts under 30K and definitely under 500K that work well, look good and will easily integrate into my site. Also, I am not running Mambo, and have no intention to, so I need something that's stand-alone and is simple to integrate (with a simple include/echo perhaps?) and easy to use.

I'd really appreciate your comments and suggestions on this!
Thanks in advance!
z1k1
Try Website Baker:

From the web: www.websitebaker.org
* Easy to use interface
* Multi-level, multi-sectioned, modulated page support.
* Simple file/media management section
* Template based front-end, which can be customized per-page.
* Multiple user and multiple group login.
* High-level control with Group-based permissions system.
* User sign-up, log-in, and password recovery abilities.
* Ability for customized timezone, language, date format, time format, and display name per-user.
* No costs
* Total freedom - only requirements besides those in the GNU GPL are the need to retain the copyright notice on Administration footer - no need for "link-back's" to our website (although it is much appreciated)

Or Typo3, Civicspace, etc...
You can find and try them all at www.opensourcecms.com. There are live demos where you can enter the administration...[/url]
Tiger
z1k1 wrote:
Try Website Baker:
Or Typo3, Civicspace, etc...
You can find and try them all at www.opensourcecms.com. There are live demos where you can enter the administration...[/url]

Thanks a lot for the tip. I've had a look at Website Baker and Typo3, and they both look very good. Typo 3 is really large though. I have an Apache/PHP/MySQL combo installed on my system, so I can load these installations locally for testing, and it works like a dream!

I hope to take a look at Civicspace later today.