FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

.. points left mail

medievalman26
Sorry about the random title. I don't know if it has been suggested already, but an auto-mailer that sends us a notification when we get to a certain number of points left. Also it should be able to be set by the user, standard would be like you have 10 points left and it would send a message to your registered email address.

edit by Rvec: Changed the topic title
bri4n5
Yeah! that would be great!!! Very Happy
endless
yeah, that would be very useful.
it happened to my riend (who told me about frihost) that he forgot that he was outta points and his hosting got deleted.
tidruG
You automatically get reminders when your points drop to -5, and then you get another one when they drop to -10.
And once they drop to -20, we start removing sites.
medievalman26
yes I understand that, however it would be nice to know that you are getting low before you get the negative point reminders
Genesiz
Yes, but if you keep you points low but not negative, perhaps because you can't post that often, you would constantly get reminders saying you are low, (assuming it is done automatically). If it was me i would find that very annoying.

The only way around this is to get some of the staff to send the reminders, but i'm pretty sure they would be against this.
Bockman
Genesiz wrote:
The only way around this is to get some of the staff to send the reminders, but i'm pretty sure they would be against this.

And your guess was right.

Just to cover those users on negative points, it would be well over 1000 mails, let alone sending messages to users on 0 points, or 5 points, or 10 or whatever they chose. We would be doing nothing else other than mailing you guys.

Why not just do the math? you have X points, You predict that you are going to be away for Y time.. Your final points = X-Y ... lot easier than sending 20 000 mails, don't you think?

Be Well Cool
bri4n5
Bockman wrote:

Why not just do the math? you have X points, You predict that you are going to be away for Y time.. Your final points = X-Y ... lot easier than sending 20 000 mails, don't you think?

Be Well Cool

You're right it'll be a lot traffic without reason.
medievalman26
yeah, I thought you guys had it sent by an automailer?
tidruG
medievalman26 wrote:
yeah, I thought you guys had it sent by an automailer?
Currently, we do. As of now, the automailer sends mails when you're at -5 and -10 points.
medievalman26
Oh, that is good. Kinda would be impossibly hard to do it without one.