FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


what about 21 and up?





KronikSindrome
I mean...I know this is supposed to be a somewhat "proffessional place"
but even proffesionals know how to (responsibly) have fun. For people 21 and up there
should totaly be a "drunk post" section! yeah. 'cause I don't ever want to post some supid but entertainingh stuff on "general topic" when i could jut click on the 21+plus drunk talk and babble on about crazy things...like my super special job at the 'adult shop'...or what brand of wine...beer...or liquor you prefer..or what new cocktail you've tried...what you reccomend...what you like to do when you get a lil wekk deserved buzz on? heck yez.

I don't expect this to really happen...but for the record
it'd be nice. and entertaing.....so yeah....


Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Laughing
rvec
make that drinking-age+ Razz
dutch drinking age is 18
But there is no way we can keep other people out so the same rules would apply.

Maybe you'll like this topic: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-41806.html
Smile

If we allow drunk posts on a forum we'd better turn off the points in there, because drunk-posts != quality-posts, which most other post probably are. And if you want to talk about something that happened to you last weekend you can make a blog-post.
gh0stface
rvec wrote:

But there is no way we can keep other people out so the same rules would apply.

There actually probably is away to make it that only 21+ are able to access that portion of the forums. I think there is a setting when you first sign up, it can ask you for your birth date. So if your birth date makes you 21+ then you are able to access the forum.

However, even then, that can be easily defeated... which kind of defeats the purpose of having a 21+ area.
rvec
you think everyone on the forum is >13 ?
You have to check a box with "I am 13 ..." next to it so everyone should be ...
gh0stface
rvec wrote:
you think everyone on the forum is >13 ?
You have to check a box with "I am 13 ..." next to it so everyone should be ...

What I meant is, some forums have the ability where you have to manually enter in your birth date with drop down boxes. I believe phpBB has this ability.
rvec
yeah it has but that's not really a guarantee that everyone really is 21+ or some other age. People will just enter a higher age to get in the forum, even if they won't use it.
ocalhoun
And who would want to use it? When sober, anyway...
AftershockVibe
Heh, this kind of thing is quite an interesting idea. You have to admit that there's not much socialising that goes on on these boards since most topics are either "help me..." or discussions on personal belief.

There's no way a "select your age" thing would work though. The only way I can think is to do it by invitation - invitations are sent by existing members or mods when they decide someone can post intelligently enough to be considered adult? That's far from an accurate system though!
loryl
Just like real life, you can always borrow someone's ID card to get into places you're not supposed to. Only here, I suppose it's more of borrowing/creating a virtual identity.

I was going to say that it wasn't going to work, but then I read AftershockVibe's post (again; geez, I'm tired). I guess it'd be interesting, but I don't think those are the types of people who would act drunk online. You could, however, have meaningful conversations with the type of screening the poster above me suggested.
rvec
AftershockVibe wrote:
Heh, this kind of thing is quite an interesting idea. You have to admit that there's not much socialising that goes on on these boards since most topics are either "help me..." or discussions on personal belief.

There's no way a "select your age" thing would work though. The only way I can think is to do it by invitation - invitations are sent by existing members or mods when they decide someone can post intelligently enough to be considered adult? That's far from an accurate system though!


This makes it even more interesting. Some kind of elite-users-forum, only for those with an invite from a mod/admin/founder. Although most forums except for the help forums should not have help topic in them.

Again, if you find a post/topic which you think does not contribute to the topic or which is against the rules, use the report function.
KronikSindrome
well.....I wasn't really thinking about keeping people out...
I mean, diff. ages are legal in diff. countries....and it's
not illegal for minors to read about alcohol......or rambles by those under the influence....
I mean we all have that "drunk """uncle""" who totaly drunk babbles at us about how they
just don't make "scotch" like they used to...etc etc....

most the time I'm drinking when I get online anyway....
it'd just be nice to have a place to come to post those "yyyeaahh...
lolipops and poopies!" eehh...I feckin luv you guys.....posts... Wink
adeydas
what possible purpose can it serve other than a wastage of space and bandwidth?!?
Hogwarts
KronikSindrome wrote:
well.....I wasn't really thinking about keeping people out...
I mean, diff. ages are legal in diff. countries....and it's
not illegal for minors to read about alcohol......or rambles by those under the influence....
I mean we all have that "drunk """uncle""" who totaly drunk babbles at us about how they
just don't make "scotch" like they used to...etc etc....

most the time I'm drinking when I get online anyway....
it'd just be nice to have a place to come to post those "yyyeaahh...
lolipops and poopies!" eehh...I feckin luv you guys.....posts... Wink


It's a fairly bad idea. You're going to have a few drunk people rambling about nothing, and eventually you're all going to begin to dislike other people because of some things they say. Then you're going to have people who simply are too drunk to make a coherent sentence, and it won't help frihost at all. And if it was some form of "21+ users only", how would that benefit frihost? You'd block out all people who haven't signed up, and the adverts on frihost only display for people who aren't logged in.

By the way;
Quote:
I mean we all have that "drunk """uncle""" who totaly drunk babbles at us about how they
just don't make "scotch" like they used to...etc etc....

Thanks for the sexist remark. It really contributes to the discussion Confused
MrBlueSky
adeydas wrote:
what possible purpose can it serve other than a wastage of space and bandwidth?!?


How is having fun ever wasting anything?
bigdan
I've discussed this at a forum I moderate at, and we pretty quickly dismissed it. It's true, people who are under the desired age (in our case, 1Cool will lie to say they're 18.

Invitation is OK, but even then, you can still lie about your age if you're mature enough in your posts.
Related topics
Asian guys can't get girls.
21 Türk şirketi en hızlı büyüyen 500 arasında
Heroes
Skateboarders here?
December 21, 2012
21 December 2012, End of the world?
La fête nationale en Belgique (21/07/09).
Green Day 21 Guns = Full House Theme Song
End of the world June 21
21 Posts --> 100 coins!
40 tongue-twister (21-30)
Microsoft‘un 21 Yıllık Hatası
21 Jump street
La NASA y el 21 de Diciembre de 2012
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> Suggestions

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.